1997 Wrangler won't start

hillcabin

I have a '94 TJ with the 4 cylinder engine. Will not start, I replaced crank position sensor, rotor, cap, wires and fuel pump but still won't start. I could use any help. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wranglerfix
It cranks, but no spark. You are right. I parked it in that garage for the winter but went to start it and here I am. I did throw parts at it, but now I'm at a loss.

It cranks, but no spark. You are right. I parked it in that garage for the winter but went to start it and here I am. I did throw parts at it, but now I'm at a loss.

Start working your way back. Use an ignition spark tester (one with the adjustable gap). They’re like 6 bucks and that can help see if all cylinders are getting any spark and if so how strong of a spark they are. Then you can work backwards to see if it’s a lack of ignition coil strength or possibly the circuit is open.

Start working your way back. Use an ignition spark tester (one with the adjustable gap). They’re like 6 bucks and that can help see if all cylinders are getting any spark and if so how strong of a spark they are. Then you can work backwards to see if it’s a lack of ignition coil strength or possibly the circuit is

Start working your way back. Use an ignition spark tester (one with the adjustable gap). They’re like 6 bucks and that can help see if all cylinders are getting any spark and if so how strong of a spark they are. Then you can work backwards to see if it’s a lack of ignition coil strength or possibly the circuit is open.

I also have no fuel pressure. I can jump the fuel pump at the relay and it comes on.

I’d do a visual inspecting first. You have 2 problems, 2 of the 3 things needed for running. See if anything looks cut, rusted, or broken. If you turn the key over to get the radio and everything on just before actually cranking it, you should hear the fuel pump priming the lines and get pressure. If the only way to get the pump to kick on is short cutting the circuit by the relay but that does kick the pump on it’s not the pump problem that a wiring issue which could also be the ignition issue too but can’t say that for sure but at least figure out and narrow the issue by ruling stuff out.