Arizona Tow Pigging Daily Driver

So....no 1000hp LS swap and 44s then? šŸ„ŗ

Seems like a good set of priorities, however if later budget and time allows (once you're "done" with the Jeep build) maybe still be open to the idea of building it into a badass truck of your dreams. Dreams are meant to be chased.

44ā€™s on a 2WD would be interesting

• Haha
Reactions: toximus
So....no 1000hp LS swap and 44s then? šŸ„ŗ

Seems like a good set of priorities, however if later budget and time allows (once you're "done" with the Jeep build) maybe still be open to the idea of building it into a badass truck of your dreams. Dreams are meant to be chased.

I fully agree with you that dreams are meant to be chased. I think if Iā€™m going to chase dreams it wonā€™t be on this truck. Iā€™d rather get a cleaner base to build on at that point, as well as 4 doors

Reactions: toximus
One thing I wonā€™t compromise on is the bottom seat foam. Itā€™s worn out under just the left butt cheek which leaves it a little uncomfortable on longer drives. Iā€™m going to try out Jegs new seat foam!
IMG_3169.png

The seat was shot in my 94 when I got it. Luckily I was able to find one at the local Pull a Part out of an XLT that was in fantastic shape and used much nicer material than my stock seat. Ford used the same size seat for a very long time so lots of choices out there for a swap.

Reactions: starkey480
I had to sit down and have a little chat with myself about goals for this truck. All I know how to do is go all in to things. So of course I found myself looking at all the restoration parts I can get for the truck and just a bunch of superfluous bullshit. I had to remind myself this is a budget truck and that I would way rather spend extra money on my Jeep. The goal for this truck is not to be a badass truck. The goal for this truck is to be able to reliably tow a badass Jeep. Itā€™s also to serve as a way for hauling stuff around town and an alternate daily driver to the Jeep.

With that in mind priorities are
1) Reliability/ Functionality (just works like it should)
- suspension/steering overhaul
- smaller wheels and tires
- would like to take care of some leaks
-clean up some wiring
-remove the dump bed and body lift and fix rear bumper mounting situation
2) Comfort
- It needs a radio and speakers
- The bottom seat foam could be replaced for more comfort
- would like to add cruise control
3) Aesthetics
- too long of a list and we will get to that when the other shit is done šŸ˜‚ but the plan is to keep aesthetic fixes as budget friendly as possible. Not trying to make this a show truck.

Just have to remember itā€™s the tow rig not the play toy. It is all to tempting to mod it and then all you end up with more things to fix.