Coho rotomold cooler at Costco

I used mine for the first time this weekend. It’s heavy as hell but I was pleased with its performance.

Put in ~25 pounds of ice and a frozen 1 gallon ice block. Soda, beers, Juice, milk, etc… filled noonish Friday and then was at 10am Sunday. Temps is the high 70s and kids were in/out.

Ice block is almost completely frozen

IMG_1827.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

so getting ready for pikes peak hill climb.

started prepping the cooler, after 24 hours in a 70* garage. with 20lbs of ice i had 1” of water. it’s now 52 hours later. opened the lid maybe 5 times total. i’ve got 2” of water.

Reactions: Apparition

started prepping the cooler, after 24 hours in a 70* garage. with 20lbs of ice i had 1” of water. it’s now 52 hours later. opened the lid maybe 5 times total. i’ve got 2” of water.

Was that sacrificial ice to cool down the cooler? Or you think things are melting too fast? 2in from 20lb after 2+ days of cooling down the cooler seems about right?

Was that sacrificial ice to cool down the cooler? Or you think things are melting too fast? 2in from 20lb after 2+ days of cooling down the cooler seems about right?

sacrificed the ice for precooling.

i bought two of the 5lb ice blocks so i don’t have to worry about soggy food stuffs.

the thickness of the cooler is about half of the expensive rotomolded ones.

sacrificed the ice for precooling.

i bought two of the 5lb ice blocks so i don’t have to worry about soggy food stuffs.

the thickness of the cooler is about half of the expensive rotomolded ones.

Let me know how it does on your trip

Not a Costco member, but this cooler has me intrigued. For the size and price point, if it will keep ice through an entire weekend, it sounds like a winner.
Great point about pre-cooling the cooler to help it stay cold.

3 per their website. https://cohooutdoors.com/collections/hard-cooler

Not sure I’d pay full price but with the Costco sale and warranty it was worth it for $100

I was just in Costco.. ran in and out too quick to see these. I would make good use of the smaller size. I keeping strapped to the rear cargo basket when I am heading out camping. Doesn't need to be that big since I pack the Jeep for camping pretty much the same way I pack my pack for backpacking.. and that never includes a cooler!

How’d the cooler do?

i had two of the large ice packs in it. had them on the bottom. they took up a lot of space, but was way better than ice everywhere.

70* on the mountain,
and it was 50* inside the cooler just under the lid, throughout the day. according to the thermometer.

overall happy. now need to take it on a longer trip.

Reactions: red02tj