Did Dana 44s come with 3.07 gear ratios?

Raymund

TJ Enthusiast
I recently re-geared and noticed my ratio (upon inspection of the removed components) is at 3.07.
I'm confused in all sorts of ways as I thought Dana 44s as a rear option was at 3.73 by default.
Can anyone help here? More curious than anything really.

IMG_20191114_184650_1.jpg

IMG_20191114_184707.jpg

I'm in Australia.
I guess that may explain it then.
I'm kind of surprised why they did that. Thanks for the help.
You might be able to pull a build sheet and it will tell you if it was factory or someone did a swap and matched it to the front.

Can confirm Raymund, Aussie spec TJ's all came with Dana 44 rears and 3.07 gearing (and the 4.0 litre). Mine was the same and I also was a bit confused by it.
Thanks for that Hammer24.
I'm happy with the 4.10. Max size I'll go is 33s anyway. Huge difference in the ride. Speedo has gone whacko though but easy fixed/got a GPS HUD speed sensor thing for now

Thanks for that Hammer24.
I'm happy with the 4.10. Max size I'll go is 33s anyway. Huge difference in the ride. Speedo has gone whacko though but easy fixed/got a GPS HUD speed sensor thing for now
General consensus is 4.58 for 33's but 4.10 with 31's is killing my fuel economy for those longer remote trips in aus so I think it'll suit 33's will suit it better for australian conditions. As for the speedo, you can get those speedo gears pretty cheap, I've gotten a bit ahead of myself and already got one in for 33's lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Raymund
General consensus is 4.58 for 33's but 4.10 with 31's is killing my fuel economy for those longer remote trips in aus so I think it'll suit 33's will suit it better for australian conditions. As for the speedo, you can get those speedo gears pretty cheap, I've gotten a bit ahead of myself and already got one in for 33's lol.
Thought about 4.58 but went towards daily driver set-up and yes, them RPMs chew fuel. Geeked out at the calculations and ended up at 4.27 😂.
4.10s it was then.
Yeah, 33s. Ready for it but won't till these wear out. Got steelies and will go alloy as well then

Reactions: Hammer24
Yep, it's an import thing ;)

Who knows what else they did differently.
Don't worry. I'll find out 😂.
Bonus though is it has both left and right battery tray/bay so my compressor fits perfectly there on the passenger side. Your passenger side. Whatever. I'm confused. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Did you guys get the TJ Rubicons over there? If so I’m curious what gear ratio they came with.
Nah we missed out on TJ Rubicons here unfortunately. We didn't get given many options when shopping. Every TJ was a 4.0 litre, Dana 44 rear, 3.07 ratio, and there were no Rubicons or Unlimiteds. So basically the highest spec TJ's are pretty much also the lowest spec which actually brings the price down on them luckily.