Anyone know where I can find a Mopar waterpump and fan clutch?

Joseph

TJ Enthusiast
Hey all. Jeeps been overheating a tad at idle, and will creep a little higher than in the photo if I sit a bit long enough. Heat tends to get a little weak too. It’s the original water pump and fan clutch so It’s probably time they get changed out, I’m about to hit 142k. Once I drive for a bit it it goes back down to 195-210. Put in a Mopar radiator about 6k ago and what would of been a Mopar tstat, if Rockauto didn’t send me an open Mopar tstat wrapper with a carparts store tstat in it instead. Did the hoses too. Coolant level is ok. I did have to fill the overflow some. I was a little over the full line when I refilled it, but the issue remained pretty consistent with how it was when it was low. Radiator had coolant in it.

Two questions, where can I find a water pump/fan clutch that is Mopar, and is it worth getting a Mopar fan clutch? Appreciate the help as always

2BA1E4BB-00AD-4B77-B044-E8FA7186975A.jpeg

Bought my Mopar water pump from RockAuto. They ship from a Mopar parts dealer in California.

Didn't go Mopar for the fan clutch. Forgot what I used but it was the one that most on this forum recommend.

Bought my Mopar water pump from RockAuto. They ship from a Mopar parts dealer in California.

Didn't go Mopar for the fan clutch. Forgot what I used but it was the one that most on this forum recommend.
I don’t think Rockauto carries the Mopar pump anymore

Try searching by the part number. It wasn't listed on the page with all the other water pumps but came up when I put the part number in

i used a Hayden HD clutch and it’s been working good. I think I got it from RockAuto.

My MOPAR pump came from one of the online dealers, but I don’t remember which one.

Was it like that before you changed everything?
It used to overheat a little when I ran the AC. Which I’m not doing as far as I can tell. My HVAC controls are a little wonky. And now that I think of it my girlfriend did start my car in the cold weather in changed the dial to AC for ten minutes until I got in, but I don’t think that would have anything to do with it (?).

I’m finding that Mopar (68382492AA) will replace my waterpump, anyone can chime in on this?

Reactions: DrDmoney
It used to overheat a little when I ran the AC. Which I’m not doing as far as I can tell. My HVAC controls are a little wonky. And now that I think of it my girlfriend did start my car in the cold weather in changed the dial to AC for ten minutes until I got in, but I don’t think that would have anything to do with it (?).

I’m finding that Mopar (68382492AA) will replace my waterpump, anyone can chime in on this?
Frequently TJ owners replace parts of their cooling system due to a leak and end up with an overheating issue due to air trapped in the system. Be sure to burp all the air out when you’re done.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Frequently TJ owners replace parts of their cooling system due to a leak and end up with an overheating issue due to air trapped in the system. Be sure to burp all the air out when you’re done.

I replaced the radiator and tstat about 4 months/2000 miles ago and its only recently been overheating a bit when I idle. Weird, I switched it to defrost + feet after having it on just the face (right before the AC) and now it’s not overheating? Before that, it would only run a little warm only when I had the AC on. But that was even when I was driving. Maybe my AC compressor was kicking on, like I said it’s wonky. I don’t have the first two speeds and the blower control takes a little while to switch positions.

I’ve been idling in my car at work for a few minutes now and it’s staying right at 210..

Reactions: DrDmoney
When set to defrost the AC compressor will run to remove humidity from the air, so really not that different than having the AC on.

When set to defrost the AC compressor will run to remove humidity from the air, so really not that different than having the AC on.
Huh that’s something I didn’t know. Well the idle has been fine so far today. I’m still planning on getting the cooling system overhauled once I get a paycheck or two more. Fuel pump will be next, if I can find a Mopar/Bosch one