Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

“it’s fine” is my trigger phrase.

My son had a friend over who was an ill mannered little monster destroying the house, eating and dropping food all over the place, wiping snot on his arms and sleeves as he talked, not washing his hands after going to the bathroom, tracking dirt and rocks inside the house, etc. I tried to politely coach him and mitigate the damage and he declined my instructions, telling me - the host adult - “it’s fine!”
I resisted the urge to rip his head off, and now my kids have adopted the phrase. They know it’s a red button they can push and watch my eyelid start twitching.

Good to see young metal heads, nice work!

Musically she was sort of a blank canvas.

She started stealing my t-shirts last year. So I gave her my entire metal band shirt collection.

She started getting interested in collecting vinyl. So I gave her my vinyl metal collection.

She was intrigued by the whole CD thing because her 2000 Chevy 1500 has a CD player. So I gave her nearly my entire CD collection. Just about everything I had bought mid 80s- 2006.

It was really hard to pass along all my great stuff, but I couldn't bare the thought of sending my girl out into the world with shit musical taste 😃

She is on her way to having a very well rounded metal palate :cool:

My son had a friend over who was an ill mannered little monster destroying the house, eating and dropping food all over the place, wiping snot on his arms and sleeves as he talked, not washing his hands after going to the bathroom, tracking dirt and rocks inside the house, etc. I tried to politely coach him and mitigate the damage and he declined my instructions, telling me - the host adult - “it’s fine!”
I resisted the urge to rip his head off, and now my kids have adopted the phrase. They know it’s a red button they can push and watch my eyelid start twitching.

Nothing a small metered dose of violence cant take care of 😃

"Ill show you what's fine" 😅

Musically she was sort of a blank canvas.

She started stealing my t-shirts last year. So I gave her my entire metal band shirt collection.

She started getting interested in collecting vinyl. So I gave her my vinyl metal collection.

She was intrigued by the whole CD thing because her 2000 Chevy 1500 has a CD player. So I gave her nearly my entire CD collection. Just about everything I had bought mid 80s- 2006.

It was really hard to pass along all my great stuff, but I couldn't bare the thought of sending my girl out into the world with shit musical taste 😃

She is on her way to having a very well rounded metal palate :cool:

Both my girls musical tastes run from Bach to 4 Non-Blondes and beyond. Both have BAs in Music while their Dad can only play a mean stereo. And then, only when no one else is home. I wish my oldest would get her CD collection out of the house to free up a shelf for my cassettes.

One of these fine specimens is me 😃

Publicity photo taken across the street from A&A Studios in north Hollywood early 90s. That chair was damp and I remember telling myself it was cuz dew or rain to make it ok 😅

L7 rented the big sound stage in the building which was cool. All the regular folk got the rest of the studio rooms.

I was a Ford auto trans tech living in Palmdale working on my Mastertech game, driving to north Hollywood in my 90 Tbird or 68 Mustang with the drummer and all of our shit 4+ nights a week.

Played the Whiskey, Roxy, Coconut Teaser, and I think the Alligator Lounge.

goodtimes.jpg

In my backcountry pursuits, I've had grizzlies follow me every day in the Scapegoat wilderness on an elk hunt (tracks over mine when back-tracking at days end - every day!) I've had a mountain lion scream at me 20 yards away when night-hunting a lion that was killing cattle in TX. In NM, before they were "officially" there, I watched a pair of wolves separate an elk calf from a cow elk on a scouting trip in the Gila wilderness. I didn't see the end, but I hope somehow that calf made it! And finally, I see western diamondbacks all the time in the field here at home.

But the most scared I've ever been was during lightning storms at elevation when there's no where to go and strikes are happening at random all around. That happened once before I understood high-elevation lightning storms, and then again years later when I just got caught out and a fast-moving storm cell moved in before I could avoid it. Both times, I was cannon-balled up, standing on my toes, praying to God to spare me. Lightning in the mountains is a serious deal! I see that picture and think, "those poor, innocent kids!"

I’ve been struck by lightning- was very fortunate I didn’t get the full jolt.

• Wow
Reactions: sab

We have a friend whose son has a “stemming” behavior. He runs in place. Drives me bonkers. The parents ignore it.

Little fart sits in church perfectly for 2 hours 3 times a week.

My wife is ultra sensible with children- they don’t get anything over on her.

I said “honey, how should they be handling this? “

Her “I would not let him do it”.

It is amazing how the simplest ideas are the most sound.