Soft top hardware

Chilidawg

TJ Enthusiast
IMG_20230418_170336856_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230418_170207816_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230418_170202006_HDR.jpg

Here is what's going on. When I bought my 99 last November it had a hard top on it. The guy gave me some hardware and a soft-top and a bikini top. I know I don't have the door surrounds. Does this look like a TJ frame, it looks like a YJ from what i can see. And the header bars don't look right either.

Bows look like yj, header bars are for aftermarket bowless soft tops and possible others.

Do yourself a favor and sell all of that crap and spend $100 on an OEM soft top bow assembly and buy the soft top of your choice

Turns out it is for a TJ. This is Best top brand and does not use door surrounds. The only part I am missing is a bracket where the small bars attach to the windshield frame right at the roll bars. The top does not appear to seal very tight at the doors as there is no where to attach the top to tuck it in like a regular soft top. The top attaches to the small bars via velcro and the door just close against it, pretty flimsy and the guy I saw today said they are known to leak for that same reason. Here are some pics of the frame on the ground the way it would setup on the tub of the TJ. The smaller bars are what would attach to the windshield but I am missing that piece. Also the header bars bolt into the slots and the top attaches to the header as it does everywhere else on teh tub with the plastic piece under the groove.

IMG_20230419_161119481.jpg

IMG_20230419_161139409_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230419_161129293_HDR.jpg

I had that style top back in the day. It's useless now. The new tops are not compatible with the old frame. Recycle it and buy a whole new kit.

I am going to see if I can source the brackets that I am missing for cheap, just so I can see how it looks. Then I will clean it up and put it up for sale as I am sure as everyone has said it is old school and there are much better ones out there now. It would make a good trail top for someone that wants to run a soft top and not worry too much about beating it up. Thanks for the input

Oh, you have the top material? I read it as you just had the frame and needed a top. Gotcha. Good luck with it then! 👍

Here is what's going on. When I bought my 99 last November it had a hard top on it. The guy gave me some hardware and a soft-top and a bikini top. I know I don't have the door surrounds. Does this look like a TJ frame, it looks like a YJ from what i can see. And the header bars don't look right either.

New to the jeep world. Looking to remove my hard top and there isn’t a clear answer to what hardware needs to be purchased. And I see some frames less tops. Pro ands cons please. Thanks guys