Water in rear passenger floor (not evap drain)

DrTwitch

Jeep was parked overnight, had a light rain. came out this morning to find the rear passenger floor holding water. All other floorboards were bone dry. No signs of water along the wall carpet.

I have a hardtop and it's bolted down pretty good.

Where is the most common spots for a hardtop to leak when not being driven
IMG_20191011_112155.jpg
?

The window frame uppers on the full doors do have a tendency to bow out on occasion and that can defeat the door seal allowing water to enter. Take a look at how the window frame seats on the hardtop, also the hardtop area where it meets the top of the tub directly behind the door to see if it hangs over the same distance as the rear. This can also cause a leak if the top is pushed in a bit, it can be pushed out a bit to match the rear if you loosen the mounts.

The window frame uppers on the full doors do have a tendency to bow out on occasion and that can defeat the door seal allowing water to enter. Take a look at how the window frame seats on the hardtop, also the hardtop area where it meets the top of the tub directly behind the door to see if it hangs over the same distance as the rear. This can also cause a leak if the top is pushed in a bit, it can be pushed out a bit to match the rear if you loosen the mounts.

Thank you for your help. I checked the seals and the hardtop overhang, everything looks flush and straight. I can't see anything noticable.

I've driven in harder rains since putting the hardtop back on this fall and had no issue with water intrusion. I would think that since it just sat in the rain overnight it would be less likely to leak than in a driven rain with wind etc.

The only thing I can think of is that, in addition to the rain, the temp dropped significantly last night as well. From the 70s to the 30s. Yay Midwest

Any tips for replicating besides a garden hose?

Thank you for your help. I checked the seals and the hardtop overhang, everything looks flush and straight. I can't see anything noticable.

I've driven in harder rains since putting the hardtop back on this fall and had no issue with water intrusion. I would think that since it just sat in the rain overnight it would be less likely to leak than in a driven rain with wind etc.

The only thing I can think of is that, in addition to the rain, the temp dropped significantly last night as well. From the 70s to the 30s. Yay Midwest

Any tips for replicating besides a garden hose?

Other than being inside when someone is shooting water at it no. It could have been due to the drastic temp drop with a door seal that is not as resilient as it once was. I had to replace my drivers door seal due mostly to abuse.