4-cylinder build plan advice needed

All of WA? How did that pass with the 🤡's in the seattle area?

Thankfully my county only smogs apon purchase/sale or bringing a vehicle out of state.

Where I live there never was smog testing but they did in Seattle areas before. But I guess enough people went green and they stopped testing a few years ago.

Reactions: Rickyd
But I guess enough people went green and they stopped testing a few years ago.

That's odd, I'd bet there's something else going on. My state has also relaxed on emissions stuff over the last couple of years. Only a few counties required a smog type inspection, but all OBDII vehicles had to be plugged up. Now the state doesn't require any smog, and they're talking about reducing emissions inspections to once every two years.

Reactions: Rickyd
That's odd, I'd bet there's something else going on. My state has also relaxed on emissions stuff over the last couple of years. Only a few counties required a smog type inspection, but all OBDII vehicles had to be plugged up. Now the state doesn't require any smog, and they're talking about reducing emissions inspections to once every two years.

You mean there is only a visual inspection? And reducing it to two years? You have annual inspections now?

Sounds like kickback against the wacky shit coming out of the federal government these days. Overreach by the epa,atf,education and all areas.

I hope a central government with some spine can reel in california soon.

You mean there is only a visual inspection? And reducing it to two years? You have annual inspections now?

Historically, all registered vehicles had to have an annual safety inspection, and OBDII vehicles had to be plugged up/scanned state wide, with a handful of counties (like 5 out of our 100 counties) requiring additional, California-style emission testing, at least that's what I understood it to be. Now all counties require annual safety, and only 20 counties require annual emission testing, which is just plug into the OBDII port and make sure no emission codes are thrown. I read last year that state lawmakers had proposed reducing inspection requirements to once every two years, and eliminating emission testing on vehicles older than 5 or 10 years old. Any vehicle older than 20 years has no inspection requirement, which I take advantage of. ;)

Reactions: Rickyd and Wildman
We’ll yall got me thinking about maybe sticking to 33s as well as really cutting down weight such as not just soft top (I really love my soft top) but also aluminum half doors with soft uppers rather than full doors which I believe saves around 100lbs , doing aluminum every where else like a flux bumper, genright fenders, and ucf rear bumper bc I love my hitch, maybe running no spare on the road and just keep a plug kit in the jeep and for trail use pull the back seat and put the spare there (I’d like to keep the spare as long as possible and would prob be my last thing I’d do to loose weight). Are their other areas to look at cutting weight?

We’ll yall got me thinking about maybe sticking to 33s as well as really cutting down weight such as not just soft top (I really love my soft top) but also aluminum half doors with soft uppers rather than full doors which I believe saves around 100lbs , doing aluminum every where else like a flux bumper, genright fenders, and ucf rear bumper bc I love my hitch, maybe running no spare on the road and just keep a plug kit in the jeep and for trail use pull the back seat and put the spare there (I’d like to keep the spare as long as possible and would prob be my last thing I’d do to loose weight). Are their other areas to look at cutting weight?

Do no flares in the rear and 0in flares up front, ditch the rear seat, go to an aluminum tailgate, maybe cf hood?

Do no flares in the rear and 0in flares up front, ditch the rear seat, go to an aluminum tailgate, maybe cf hood?

i don’t think the lack of aluminum flares is worth the ticket with the cops but definitely only swapping to aluminum for any more armor. The rear seat will come and go, I take it out when I can but I use it pretty frequently. Same goes for a bumper with a hitch. The aluminum tailgate would loose my tool organizer as well as the spare completely but I’m not sold on loosing my spare yet. If a cf hood was cheap that would be sick.

Reactions: Wildman
i don’t think the lack of aluminum flares is worth the ticket with the cops but definitely only swapping to aluminum for any more armor. The rear seat will come and go, I take it out when I can but I use it pretty frequently. Same goes for a bumper with a hitch. The aluminum tailgate would loose my tool organizer as well as the spare completely but I’m not sold on loosing my spare yet. If a cf hood was cheap that would be sick.

You could swap out aluminum flares for mce rear flare

Reactions: Wildman and PNW_LJ
Used to be 130. Now I’m married so I’m 170 lol. Getting back into running so I’ll hopefully drop a little bit man I hope I’m never back at 130 again.

So nothing to be concerned about. Carry on.

Reactions: Wildman