Adjusting ball joints?

LittleGiant

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Put Teraflex adjustable ball joints in. After reading more I’m seeing that Teraflex isn’t a fan favorite. I have to have knurled and was thinking about buying Spicer ball joints l, but I don’t think they make knurled ball joints for TJ’s. Am I wrong?

Also, the tool what is given to adjust the lower ball joint for Teraflex is garbage. I even called their tech support and they told me it’s very hard to do as well with that tool. Anyone have any tips? I’m thinking a super thin wrench.

Put Teraflex adjustable ball joints in. After reading more I’m seeing that Teraflex isn’t a fan favorite. I have to have knurled and was thinking about buying Spicer ball joints l, but I don’t think they make knurled ball joints for TJ’s. Am I wrong?

Also, the tool what is given to adjust the lower ball joint for Teraflex is garbage. I even called their tech support and they told me it’s very hard to do as well with that tool. Anyone have any tips? I’m thinking a super thin wrench.

Probably just gonna have to go with some non adjustable knurled ball joints

Did you just install the Teraflex ball joints? Are they worn and do they need to be replaced? I have too use the knurled ball joints as well and they have been the best option I’ve run in a long time. I’ve ran mine for about 15k miles and they’ve given me no trouble so far but I do grease them every oil change.

Did you just install the Teraflex ball joints? Are they worn and do they need to be replaced? I have too use the knurled ball joints as well and they have been the best option I’ve run in a long time. I’ve ran mine for about 15k miles and they’ve given me no trouble so far but I do grease them every oil change.

I put them in about 5K miles ago. I’m going to be greasing everything today and see how that goes. I have a knocking/popping that is driving me crazy.

I’m also going to check and see if they need to be tightened.