That's the biggest plus of a manual. I can reflexively hit the clutch pretty fast and have done so in this situation several times.

That is a nice perk, though with the torque converter I've been able to straddle the line more safely than before as there's a bit more control.

That's the biggest plus of a manual. I can reflexively hit the clutch pretty fast and have done so in this situation several times.

In my automated manual big truck, I still reflexively move my left foot and right hand for the clutch and gear shift.

Exhibit A - me doing same thing on Poughkeepsie gulch outside of Ouray. Rear passenger on a hole with locker engaged, open front axle, passenger front climbing faster than driver.

View attachment 478610

Exhibit B - my buddy Alex doing literally the exact same thing in the exact same spot 2 years later. He has a Detroit in the rear and a Truetrac in front.
View attachment 478609
If you catch the right instant in the video, his passenger front hopped up in the air for a bit as well.

His second attempt took a line a little bit to the right so he straddled the tire-grabbing hole and the front driver didn't lift.

Me, again, with Torq auto locker in front and having completely forgotten to engage my rear E-locker, taking a line similar to Alex's second attempt, and not even coming close to lifting. I'm sure 10" of extra wheelbase didn't hurt, either.

Listening to a random spotter and his friends instead of my own eyes got me leaned up against a wall on my driver side. F/R were locked and the left tire went into a hole at the base of the rock wall when I was at balance point (I could feel the front floating). The spotter told me to gun it which caused me to stop recognizing his existence and concentrate on getting myself out of trouble with minor damage to the rig.

Afterwards he said “oh yeaaa, I’ve only see three rigs do that…two were four doors and one was a built buggy”

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 9.11.01 PM.png
Did that exact thing at KOH last year. This thread gave me flashbacks lol