Car pics too cool not to share

This UGLY P.O.S Vette is from the 1978 movie " Corvette Summer " . Face it this Vette isn't a cool 55 Chevy Street racer , and the movie isn't Two Lane Blacktop. Car Guys know the difference !

Remember when the car got painted gold after it was "stolen" in the film? That thing was hideous, no matter what color it was painted!
1715913777491.png
1715913823802.png

Looks like a reasonable price, you don't see that anymore. If that was local, I'd have a hard time letting that one slip by. The front brakes alone are worth about $500. Eyeballing it, I'd bet that car would clean up easily and could be cruising for under $5,000.

Yup. The value is only in the fact that it's a vintage ride. If the driver's side is as straight as the passenger side is, it's damn near a no-brainer. 4-doors don't get a lot of love, but as one gets older (cough, cough), an appreciation develops for things that were once unacceptable in our youth.

4-doors don't get a lot of love

Especially non Chevrolet. I've said it before, I remember when I was a kid if a good 4-door needed tires or ran out of gas at the wrong time, the parts vultures would start circling. I've been one of those vultures. Years ago, except for my Chrysler which I grew up with, I wouldn't have anything to do with a 4-door, but now that I have a family, there's a practical utility aspect to them that just can't be beat by a 2-door. That and a 4-door post provides a little additional safety aspect that's now on my mind.

BTW, are you going to buy that Newport? You could pull it home with the new Dodge. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Squatch
Especially non Chevrolet. I've said it before, I remember when I was a kid if a good 4-door needed tires or ran out of gas at the wrong time, the parts vultures would start circling. I've been one of those vultures. Years ago, except for my Chrysler which I grew up with, I wouldn't have anything to do with a 4-door, but now that I have a family, there's a practical utility aspect to them that just can't be beat by a 2-door. That and a 4-door post provides a little additional safety aspect that's now on my mind.

BTW, are you going to buy that Newport? You could pull it home with the new Dodge. ;)

I absolutely know where you're coming from on the using 4-doors as parts cars (in our past). My, how times have changed. As for dragging the Newport home with my "new" truck, it's unlikely. I haven't the real estate for another project, nor the drive. I have four full-on car projects as it is, and you of all people know how that can go from being a blessing to a burden. If it isn't a lack of finances, it's a lack of time. Sometimes it's weather that doesn't cooperate. Other times, it's health issues (in my case, extreme joint pain in my knees and one hip). Shifting priorities is also a thing.

As for the dually, well, I had the transmission rebuilt and added a few upgrades, while they were in there. I drove it home from the transmission shop almost two months ago, from 5.9 miles away. That was the last time I've driven it. Trying to muster up some enthusiasm for the rig, but the transmission issue and a few other niggling problems I've discovered have really tainted my view of it, at least for the time being. It only has 84,000 miles on it and has developed problems that my '90 with 420,000+ miles on it never had. It's really quite disappointing, as well as frustrating. I know I'll get over it, but at this moment, I'm electing to work on other things.

Reactions: Wildman and BlueC
I haven't the real estate for another project, nor the drive. I have four full-on car projects as it is, and you of all people know how that can go from being a blessing to a burden. If it isn't a lack of finances, it's a lack of time. Sometimes it's weather that doesn't cooperate. Other times, it's health issues (in my case, extreme joint pain in my knees and one hip). Shifting priorities is also a thing.

Yep, I'm all too familiar with those struggles.

Trying to muster up some enthusiasm for the rig, but the transmission issue and a few other niggling problems I've discovered have really tainted my view of it, at least for the time being. It only has 84,000 miles on it and has developed problems that my '90 with 420,000+ miles on it never had.

That's something that I've found is hard for people to believe, that an extra low mileage vehicle could need more work than one with average-to-high mileage. Sitting around and/or short trips really takes a toll on a machine, and it's usually internal. Hell, I had another brake caliper on my Jeep start dragging again last weekend. I'm guessing it's from not getting the system hot enough to cook off the moisture because I typically do short and slow speed rides with it, and less than 1500 miles a year. Get her moving and cooking, and I'm sure you'll get the bugs worked out just in time for another project. ;)

Reactions: Wildman and Squatch
Here's a local old garage in a rural area. These two have been sitting around for as long as I can remember. There's what looks like a '73 Chrysler around back with about 1/2 a dozen old Ford trucks, but it's a busy intersection so it's hard to grab pics.

IMG_4405.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

IMG_4407.JPG

IMG_4408.JPG

Here's a local old garage in a rural area. These two have been sitting around for as long as I can remember. There's what looks like a '73 Chrysler around back with about 1/2 a dozen old Ford trucks, but it's a busy intersection so it's hard to grab pics.

View attachment 527717

View attachment 527718

View attachment 527719

View attachment 527720

I daily drove a beautiful 2-tone blue and white '56 Plymouth Belvedere for a little over a year around '92/'93. Mine looked like this one, only more blue than aqua, and mine was a Belvedere, instead of the Savoy. Mine was in similar condition, as well. Never should have sold it, but my wife was none too happy with me for selling our '90 Toyota extra-cab 4X4, and replacing it with a '56 Plymouth. Considering our son was only a few months old, and it was our only vehicle, I guess I can understand her point...maybe...I think...:rolleyes:
1715987901619.png