Cross threaded 06 LJ

BitterrootMTLJ

OlllllllO
Supporting Member
I’m back.

Latest tasks have been switching out the Detroit locker and Aussie. For Eaton e lockers. Gen right sides. And swag tail gate. Lots of other little things I’ll add as I remember and go on.

Here’s how it sits.

Also have Barnes fuel tank skid to add, and Tera flex transmission skid to mix in there.

The JL isn’t mine. My mom drives that, she’s 81.
IMG_2331.jpeg
IMG_2332.jpeg
IMG_2333.jpeg
IMG_2334.jpeg
IMG_2337.jpeg
IMG_2340.jpeg
IMG_2355.jpeg
IMG_2359.jpeg
IMG_2365.jpeg
IMG_2367.jpeg
IMG_2368.jpeg
IMG_2369.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

I ordered a 27 spline front E-locker. And the box said it was a 27 spline unit. Had it sitting around for a year uninstalled. When I went to install the the axle shafts they went in way too easy and didn’t really spin the diff? I took a flash light and counted the splines from down the tube on the drivers side, 30 splines 😯.

Removed the carrier, diff is marked 30 spline part number. Box was marked 27. Box was taped shut original style. Didn’t appear to be opened.

What do I do? It had been over a year since ordered. So, I ordered 30 spline 4340 inners. To replace my 27 spline 4340 inners. Not really necessary but whatever. The place I bought it from still would have exchanged it. But there was a price change and shipping. I did actually order them from revolution gear.

Reactions: JMT
I did add Barnes 4wd weld in Dana 30 sleeves in the front tubes. I know they are not needed and probably don’t do anything. Also added an eBay little truss to the control arm mount. When I did the Currie Johnny joints on the front housing.