Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Which is another thing I am correcting from my past work. There will be more colors.

images (3).jpeg

Three hours this evening and I got two wires landed on the fuse block, one wire color changed out and few other bits cleaned up.

Halfway done!

Reactions: FarFire70
Three hours this evening and I got two wires landed on the fuse block, one wire color changed out and few other bits cleaned up.

Halfway done!

Reading this, I immediate thought of the Germans shown in 'Enemy at the Gates' movie trying to repair telephone lines wearing these spools on their back crawling to repair lines...

1715135678092.png

It's a slow process to run a single wire sometimes...

... and in that movie - then a sniper gets you. So stay safe out there running wire! (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Tob and jjvw
Reading this, I immediate thought of the Germans shown in 'Enemy at the Gates' movie trying to repair telephone lines wearing these spools on their back crawling to repair lines...

View attachment 525029

It's a slow process to run a single wire sometimes...

... and in that movie - then a sniper gets you. So stay safe out there running wire! (y)

Here it is:

Part of the reason why Dunkirk was such an ass kicking was the French, who were more or less leading the joint troops at that point, refused to use wireless communications (their old thinking generals didn't trust it) and insisted on running wire.

The Germans, moving faster then any army in history at that time, were overrunning and cutting the comms on a routine basis.

all of that said - show us the final Switchpro install. I've got one in a box that I need to install.

The winch has new leads and it works again!
20240509_211919.jpg

I would like to find a different cover for the positive terminal.

This means all the big wire is done. The fuse block has everything going to it that will be. That leaves the SwitchPros and a lot of clean up.

Halfway done!

View attachment 525686

This means all the big wire is done. The fuse block has everything going to it that will be. That leaves the SwitchPros and a lot of clean up.

Halfway done!

The switchpros is a relay for the winch too? Or just a distribution block in that aspect?

The switchpros is a relay for the winch too? Or just a distribution block in that aspect?

It can control low current draw functions of the winch.

The SP is a solid state relay controller that will switch whatever is wired to it.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
View attachment 525686

Halfway done!

Out of total curiosity - why the winch controller under the hood?

Is that an Xtrons head unit? If so, how do you like it?

I have one in the basement that will (hopefully) go in with my stereo upgrade this summer.

It's some ancient garbage Android head unit that I think is a copy of whatever was popular and 10x more expensive years ago that fits the rounded 1.5 din opening. Possibly Insane Audio. As best I can tell (and remember back when the disappointment was fresh) it is Android 6. It is uselessly slow and will barely connect to Wi-Fi despite the antenna. Android Auto isn't even on this things radar.

All I do with is is play through Bluetooth and listen to radio. Gaia worked a couple years back as a dash display and would sync with my phone.

Reactions: FarFire70
It's some ancient garbage Android head unit that I think is a copy of whatever was popular and 10x more expensive years ago that fits the rounded 1.5 din opening. Possibly Insane Audio. As best I can tell (and remember back when the disappointment was fresh) it is Android 6. It is uselessly slow and will barely connect to Wi-Fi despite the antenna. Android Auto isn't even on this things radar.

All I do with is is play through Bluetooth and listen to radio. Gaia worked a couple years back as a dash display and would sync with my phone.

Matches what I've heard on the Android units that fit the 1.5 din. I figured it was 'cheap' enough to give a try. I believe the one I have can be updated to Android 10, but I've heard it can take longer than is preferred on each start-up.

I'm sort of expecting a similar experience to you - this may be a gap replacement. I just liked the stock-ish look to avoid any interest from prying hands from the nicer 2-din units.

Matches what I've heard on the Android units that fit the 1.5 din. I figured it was 'cheap' enough to give a try. I believe the one I have can be updated to Android 10, but I've heard it can take longer than is preferred on each start-up.

I'm sort of expecting a similar experience to you - this may be a gap replacement. I just liked the stock-ish look to avoid any interest from prying hands from the nicer 2-din units.

Some day, I would like to change to a 2din unit. Especially if I could find one with a real volume knob that I also liked the looks of.

I reorganized part of the wiring harness that supplies the windshield washer pump power. That works again. And I found a pair of $29 NOS Mopar pump grommets to replace the original ones that have been leaking for over a year.
20240515_175142.jpg

This was the first bottle fill up since reshaping the factory bottle to fit the highlines. And this was the day I discovered that I melted a hole in the bottle! So, I still have a leaky washer bottle. 😞
20240515_200119.jpg