Door Jamb Switch

Ramona Wrangler

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
These keep breaking, when installed. I know how they auto adjust, but they are breaking not failing..>What's the trick?

Last edited:
The outer sleeve can be moved up along the “barbed” shaft toward the plunger before you push the outer sleeve into the door jam to reduce the angle the door contacts it when using the door to set the final length.

IMG_0271.jpeg

Just went and measured mine so you'll have something to aim for when you adjust yours for fitment. both sides read out to about 9/16 in the extended position from the face of the collar to the tip of the plunger (door open position for the plunger) Ive never touched mine & assume they have never been touched.

IMG_6254.jpeg

IMG_6255.jpeg

Reactions: MikekiM
These keep breaking, when installed. I know how they auto adjust, but they are breaking not failing..>What's the trick?

How do these auto adjust?
Where did you source this switch?

Oh, thank you very much. Your pics are fantastic. I got mine at Car Quest in town here for 11.49. I was so bewildered because chat gpc said the switch was not adjustable. Thank you, thank you thank you.
DMarin

How do these auto adjust?

Oh, thank you very much. Your pics are fantastic. I got mine at Car Quest in town here for 11.49. I was so bewildered because chat gpc said the switch was not adjustable. Thank you, thank you thank you.
DMarin

I wouldn't trust AI with car repair advice in the future.