Higher horses, higher revs & even higher torque, a streetable LJ engine swap

I bought this during the Pandemic when I built a solar generator, its big a bulky but the crimps are beautiful.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HJYVFSG/?tag=wranglerorg-20
IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

I started in on getting the shifters in place.

First I got the Atlas shifter fully mocked up and shifting smoothly. I used Advance Adapters shift linkages for a 03-06 TJ (303002U).

View attachment 311726

Next I wanted to test the Winters/Art Carr shifter with the 6L80 to make sure everything is going to work.

Here's the parts I used:
  • Winters shifter 4L80E (187-1-9112-4013-1).
  • Radesigns tap shifter kit for the Winters shifter and 6L80E (Control Kit, Cable bracket, and Resistor Harness) (I don't see this on their website anymore).

View attachment 311727

Here's the 6L80E transmission side bracket from Radesigns:

View attachment 311728

Do you have a pic of how you routed the trans shifter cable up into the cab tunnel? Specifically curious about turning up in front of or behind the transfer case.

You gonna work on this again over the winter?

That's the plan. You probably already know, but I quit my job earlier this year and am majorly figuring out life now which has caused some delays on this. So I'm kind of in the middle of that as a priority but starting this week I'm going to be taking time each day to work on my Jeep.

That's the plan. You probably already know, but I quit my job earlier this year and am majorly figuring out life now which has caused some delays on this. So I'm kind of in the middle of that as a priority but starting this week I'm going to be taking time each day to work on my Jeep.

Great to hear from you, Tox. I hope all is well.

I'm back at it! This time I'm not stopping until I'm done! For real this time.®

I have 4 main areas remaining:

1) Finish the wiring: ranging from creating a dash to tidying under the hood.

PXL_20240510_221557868.jpg

(There's supposed to be something here.)

2) Make an exhaust pipe.

PXL_20240510_221646060.jpg

(I'm scared since it has nearly impossible tolerances.)

3) Fill up fluids and button the hatches.

PXL_20240510_221742596.jpg

(I'm experimenting to find the best bug wash lol)

4) Burn all tires across America.

PXL_20240510_221821798.jpg

(And maybe even find sand paddles for the dunes?)

I'm back at it! This time I'm not stopping until I'm done! For real this time.®

I have 4 main areas remaining:

1) Finish the wiring: ranging from creating a dash to tidying under the hood.

View attachment 525850
(There's supposed to be something here.)

2) Make an exhaust pipe.

View attachment 525852
(I'm scared since it has nearly impossible tolerances.)

3) Fill up fluids and button the hatches.

View attachment 525853
(I'm experimenting to find the best bug wash lol)

4) Burn all tires across America.

View attachment 525855
(And maybe even find sand paddles for the dunes?)

Which display did you arrive at?

Reactions: Wildman
Which display did you arrive at?

Still figuring that out...I have an AiM MXG in hand but not sure yet how compatible it is with my GM E38 ECU and 6L80e TCM. I'm thinking I'll cobble together a test dash first with physical indicator lights and a clamp for my phone running something like OBDLink — at least to just get it running and diagnostics done.

PXL_20240429_205848291.jpg

Still figuring that out...I have an AiM MXG in hand but not sure yet how compatible it is with my GM E38 ECU and 6L80e TCM. I'm thinking I'll cobble together a test dash first with physical indicator lights and a clamp for my phone running something like OBDLink — at least to just get it running and diagnostics done.

View attachment 525861

Looking forward to seeing it run

Ditto, all of us (sort-of) locals will have to get together to see it

A wheeling weekend would be fun

Yes! Let's do it!

I'll plan something once I get this wrapped up. I know @astjp2 was planning on being up this way too so maybe we can time it right.

@Apparition you better have your 2nd Jeep done by then too! You've got a lot of catching up to do! 😄