Jezza's Turbo LJ

Very interested, would be an amazing Jeep power plant

as soon as my jeep Lj is old enough to not have to get plugged in for emissions i will be doing a cool swap or going all out in building a badass 4.0 with a 6 speed, manual or auto :D

as soon as my jeep Lj is old enough to not have to get plugged in for emissions i will be doing a cool swap or going all out in building a badass 4.0 with a 6 speed, manual or auto :D

Please keep us posted on this 6 speed auto you’d put behind a 4.0!

Please keep us posted on this 6 speed auto you’d put behind a 4.0!

Pssst.
Jeremy did the swap already! That's where I got the the needful urge to need and want a 6r80! image how fun it'll be to just bang gears in a high comp. N/a Or turbo 4.0 around the streets 😁
Just need the money ofcourse🙃 if anything I'll forsure do that tranny swap before an engine swap, cause I will be putting that tranny in someday!
Edit- I can't spell....

Reactions: Wildman
I see why you got one 😆
10 speed tranny too 😳,imagine that thing deleted and tuned! That thing would rip in a jeep
Screenshot_20240406_204851_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
So if this is getting swapped in, where's the old drivetrain going?

That's a problem far far off in the distance. The odds of getting the Duramax running and able to work in the Wrangler are far from good. I can't even connect to the ECM right now as it doesn't have direct communication to the data link connector. So my first list of parts so far are: Serial Data Module, Pedal Position Sensor, Mass Air Sensor, Fuel Pump Module, Fuel Pump and Fuel Filter-Water Seperator-Fuel Heater Assembly. It will also need a tune that costs $700+ just for the credits.

Are there aftermarket controllers that will fire a diesel injector? Might not run as well as stock but a bunch of junk could be eliminated.

What do you mean 700$ in credits? Is this hp tuners?

Are there aftermarket controllers that will fire a diesel injector? Might not run as well as stock but a bunch of junk could be eliminated.

What do you mean 700$ in credits? Is this hp tuners?

Probably? I can honestly say I know nothing when it comes to modern diesels.
Hp Tuners has support for the E46 PCM, but little to no additional information. It is 6 credits and the PCM has to go to them to be unlocked which is another $400 iirc.

Reactions: Wildman and Rickyd
Probably? I can honestly say I know nothing when it comes to modern diesels.
Hp Tuners has support for the E46 PCM, but little to no additional information. It is 6 credits and the PCM has to go to them to be unlocked which is another $400 iirc.

wtf are credits? Sounds like you're talking about getting stuff in a video game

You effectively need to pay a license fee to HP Tuners for every individual ECU to which you connect for the purpose of loading a tune. I believe you can data log without a license - but I’m not certain.

Credits are $50 each and different models require different amounts of creadit.

1712715079774.png

Now Jeff needed 2 credits to tune his 5.7 Hemi where I only needed 1 credit to tune my 5.9 Magnum V-8.

1712715232106.png

You can also pay for tuning on some newer transmission.

https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/stellantis-tuning/

Before you do all that you also have to have bought a MPVI 2+ or MPVI3 to use the HPTuner software and tuning abilities.

https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi3/

You effectively need to pay a license fee to HP Tuners for every individual ECU to which you connect for the purpose of loading a tune. I believe you can data log without a license - but I’m not certain.

Yep you're correct😁, you can data log without credits on Hp Tuners !

Reactions: NashvilleTJ