JL Xtreme Recon wheels on an LJ?

Roughly 5-1/8”

IMG_9073.jpeg

IMG_9074.jpeg

IMG_9072.jpeg

So that makes more sense based on the +12mm for an 8" wheel. Not sure why the website lists it as 4.4" of backspace.

Especially since that is from the MOPAR website I took the screenshot. Maybe they are measuring from the flange to the bead seat?

@cfree , do you have the lock rings, or are you just going to stick with the beauty rings? I like the look of them, I was going to go with these for my Gladiator (they look almost identical to the stock Overland wheels), but it was a hard spend...

Especially since that is from the MOPAR website I took the screenshot. Maybe they are measuring from the flange to the bead seat?

@cfree , do you have the lock rings, or are you just going to stick with the beauty rings? I like the look of them, I was going to go with these for my Gladiator (they look almost identical to the stock Overland wheels), but it was a hard spend...

I’m using the beauty rings

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
I run a 1.5" adapter up front and a 1.25" in the rear. Mine is split due to the SwayLoc. The 1.25" adapter results in the tires getting into the SawLoc arms. Even with the 1.5" adapter, I'm still into the arms very slightly.

In your case, the 1.25' adapter will work perfectly, assuming you don't have a SwayLoc, and net you approximately a 3 7/8" BS.

That said, anyone looking at these wheels, don't buy them because they're beadlock capable. The combined cost of the wheels, adapters, and beadlock rings, if you can find them, is approaching forged beadlocks. In my case, I bought them because they're my favorite wheel, factory or aftermarket, they look right at home on the LJ, and I got a very, very good deal.

Lastly, if you run these, go with a slightly larger base 21mm 1/2x20 lug nuts, Like these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QM9WD6B/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Here's mine with 35" KO2s:
20231026_181951.jpg

20231026_181815.jpg

I run a 1.5" adapter up front and a 1.25" in the rear. Mine is split due to the SwayLoc. The 1.25" adapter results in the tires getting into the SawLoc arms. Even with the 1.5" adapter, I'm still into the arms very slightly.

In your case, the 1.25' adapter will work perfectly, assuming you don't have a SwayLoc, and net you approximately a 3 7/8" BS.

That said, anyone looking at these wheels, don't buy them because they're beadlock capable. The combined cost of the wheels, adapters, and beadlock rings, if you can find them, is approaching forged beadlocks. In my case, I bought them because they're my favorite wheel, factory or aftermarket, they look right at home on the LJ, and I got a very, very good deal.

Lastly, if you run these, go with a slightly larger base 21mm 1/2x20 lug nuts, Like these:

20231026_181951.jpg

View attachment 505567

Hmmm I was considering the Antirock sway bars… Good to consider. Thanks!

Love that green, btw! Those wheels are perfect.

20231026_181951.jpg

View attachment 505567

Do you not run with a spare tire?

I'm having trouble getting the JL wheels to fit on the tailgate. I tried the Spartacus tire carrier, but it is way too far away from the tailgate because it requires an adapter to fit the JL wheel. I then tried the Rugged Ridge adapter, and using the 5x5 pattern, it places the tire ON the tire carrier, so that's no good. Kind of at a loss and wondering if the JL wheels are worth it.

Reactions: Irun
Do you not run with a spare tire?

I'm having trouble getting the JL wheels to fit on the tailgate. I tried the Spartacus tire carrier, but it is way too far away from the tailgate because it requires an adapter to fit the JL wheel. I then tried the Rugged Ridge adapter, and using the 5x5 pattern, it places the tire ON the tire carrier, so that's no good. Kind of at a loss and wondering if the JL wheels are worth it.

20231103_154823.jpg

20231030_205523.jpg

20231030_205418.jpg

Reactions: cfree

Ah, you have a different bumper. Without an extension the tire gets hung up on stock bumper. I was able to get it to work with the Teraflex bracket, wheel adapter and the stock carrier, but it sticks out from the tailgate a fair amount.
IMG_0267.jpeg
IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0270.jpeg

Ah, you have a different bumper. Without an extension the tire gets hung up on stock bumper. I was able to get it to work with the Teraflex bracket, wheel adapter and the stock carrier, but it sticks out from the tailgate a fair amount.

The hang up on the bumper went away on mine with the 1.25 body lift..