Killer Day at Stoney Lonesome OHV Park, Cullman,Al

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Work has just been kicking my butt and I needed a break-

We headed here, the site of the Jeep Jamboree last fall and had a blast -

More pics and details later - guys on 37’s with mud tires were struggling…I had 2” of suspension lift, 1.25 BL and 33” KO2’s……

IMG_3455.jpeg

Below is the view from the top- made it …

IMG_3464.jpeg

IMG_3482.jpeg

Had a ball. More pics and details later.

Work has just been kicking my butt and I needed a break-

We headed here, the site of the Jeep Jamboree last fall and had a blast -

More pics and details later - guys on 37’s with mud tires were struggling…I had 2” of suspension lift, 1.25 BL and 33” KO2’s……

View attachment 497060
Below is the view from the top- made it …

View attachment 497061

View attachment 497062

Had a ball. More pics and details later.

Video or it never happened. :p

Video or it never happened. :p

Don’t have any…never can load it on here.

You Southeast guys need to hit this place- you won’t be bored - it’s good stuff all over, has some harder things, a good bit of maybe 5-8 level trails on a scale of 1-10.

Love to do a big top off meet up one Saturday. I’m going to try to head it up.

Don’t have any…never can load it on here.

You Southeast guys need to hit this place- you won’t be bored - it’s good stuff all over, has some harder things, a good bit of maybe 5-8 level trails on a scale of 1-10.

Love to do a big top off meet up one Saturday. I’m going to try to head it up.

Southeast?!! GTFO!

I've heard about this place, but have not been yet. I'd love to try it out sometime.

Looks like red clay in that last pic. Red clay laughs at your mud tires:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: John Cooper
I've heard about this place, but have not been yet. I'd love to try it out sometime.

Looks like red clay in that last pic. Red clay laughs at your mud tires:ROFLMAO:
Ha - what mud tires, I had all terrains.

It was amazing what these can do on the same playing field as the JK/JLs on 37inch tires aired down with beadlocks.

We ran all terrains, barely aired down and regular rims ...just to make it fair.

The day started trying to find an open bathroom...that nearly got to be a problem. At gas station number 1 here.

86E843C9-8529-47C3-9F51-1F968D7B70FC.jpeg

Where is my rear bumper?

2AB8C708-99DF-4F8F-AB20-76D815F7F291.jpeg

This is exactly why you should not run a hard top off road -

64893FC5-45AE-44C0-89AB-6A7BD78BDF27.jpeg

This drop was near vert-

6037825B-1079-4616-B4DD-7F9BD4C23B63.jpeg

Another use for a ratchet strap- rode all day like this once we cinched it up. Did this rocking back to hit a place on that big hill. We were pushing the limit with our tires and lift size. Astounded the 4 door guys.
8AE8C109-2C48-40D1-AFEE-BFF1519F6B01.jpeg

B78D03D5-B064-4FB3-A447-4AB1172DCD58.jpeg

Clean up time-they have nice wash bays that take cards.

0AC24046-9E5F-444D-9303-DBE581696467.jpeg

One more cool shot- LS set up Herbie bug-very cool, built like a tank too

26186230-BB4A-4FC5-A13C-EA503776EDDD.jpeg

The only possible way the day could be better is to get the gang here.

There are some pucker places but overall its a super fun place, easy to find and easy to sign in and ride.

Last edited:
The day started trying to find an open bathroom...that nearly got to be a problem. At gas station number 1 here.

View attachment 497121
Where is my rear bumper?

View attachment 497122
This is exactly why you should not run a hard top off road -

View attachment 497123
This drop was near vert-

View attachment 497125
Another use for a ratchet strap- rode all day like this once we cinched it up. Did this rocking back to hit a place on that big hill. We were pushing the limit with our tires and lift size. Astounded the 4 door guys.
View attachment 497127

View attachment 497132
Clean up time-they have nice wash bays that take cards.

View attachment 497134

One more cool shot- LS set up Herbie bug-very cool, built like a tank too

View attachment 497141

The only possible way the day could be better is to get the gang here.

There are some pucker places but overall its a super fun place, easy to find and easy to sign in and ride.

Then set it up!!!!

Set it up, if you set it up, they will come!!

Get pics!!

I can’t believe I made it home without this blowing - she went today about 1:45- boy I chewed up these nice wheels- gonna sell as is with the KO2’s or sand and paint and sell-

IMG_6513.jpeg

Time to put the beadlocks back on with some Mickey Thompsons or Coopers, corner armor and soft top (had a clooooose call with a rock and my hardtop.

On the exhaust, I’m going to eliminate the downstream cat and do a magna flow/or flow master and pipe-

Woo hoo. Looks like 2024 is going to get fun.

Last edited:
I can’t believe I made it home without this blowing - she went today about 1:45- boy I chewed up these nice wheels- gonna sell as is with the KO2’s or sand and paint and sell-

View attachment 497419

Time to put the beadlocks back on with some Mickey Thompsons or Coopers, corner armor and soft top (had a clooooose call with a rock and my hardtop.

On the exhaust, I’m going to eliminate the downstream cat and do a magna flow/or flow master and pipe-

Woo hoo. Looks like 2024 is going to get fun.

Text me on the wheels bud

Reactions: Wildman and AndyG
Google Timbuk1/aka Rock Garden at Stoney Lonesome.

The first thing I see is an LS Swapped LJ on 37’s ready for battle…..at the bottom with his fan out. 3/4 of the way up are 3-4 rigs on 37’s, one v8 at least, making racket and getting nowhere.

You’ll notice everything in the YouTube videos is built on 35’s at the minimum- and having a time.

Guys, don’t underestimate our little Tj’s - you can put your tires places the buses can’t, the agility matters when it is tight and rocky- when I got to the top this dude said -

“ that little thing is a bad #%^ mother expletive. “

I told him not many people say expletive, and thanks.

Again, it is a little slick, and we are on 33” KO2 tires with regular rims. Stunned ‘em.

Reactions: Wildman
Tear is the spelling, not Ter

When is the next trip ?

Good one😆

We’re talking about going Saturday the 17th of this month some guys but that’s not the forum group trip we’re talking about-

We got one member waiting on rig to land and I figured would set something up for March or April-

There’s a lot I need to learn about the place in the meantime-

Looks like fun. I've been there a few times and there are trails for about anyone.

I'm afraid to wheel with a hard top. The first time I got against a tree with the hard top, it was soft top or Spider Shade.

Reactions: AndyG
Looks like fun. I've been there a few times and there are trails for about anyone.

I'm afraid to wheel with a hard top. The first time I got against a tree with the hard top, it was soft top or Spider Shade.

Yes it is a no-no to take a hard top off road and I knew better- But I was dying to go-

I’ve got all the parts now to do the soft top

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper