Mounting B-8PTD in centre console

Nayabay

Supporting Member
I just bought and wired a Sound Ordnance B-8PTD powered sub for my 2003 Jeep TJ. I want to install it into the centre console housing.

I’ve removed the old sub/amp insert and have cleared the space for the new powered sub. I want to know how to insulate/mount it properly. I’ve seen people use foam, makeshift brackets, foam tape - I don’t want to modify/drill into the centre console, I just want it to sit properly with minimal to no vibration in the centre console housing. How have you done this?

Where I live gets to be -50°C (-58°F) in the winter and +40°C (104°F) in the summer. I’m a bit worried about condensation.

Any and all info is appreciated!!

I found it easier to just put a speaker into the old box than to try and fit a new box in.

Depending on your seat mechanism and if you have seat risers installed, it might be possible to just stick it under one of the front seats. That would better protect it from radiant heat. That looks like a sealed subwoofer box, so you shouldn't have too much of an issue with condensation, unless water drips on it for a long time.

Where in the NWT? I've been pretty much to every town on the river except Tuktoyaktuk and Aklavik