California NorCal Jeep adventures!

If I find my windstar you can have mine, I went back to stock because i didnt need it. - If i find it though dont bank on it

I appreciate it, but it’s already bought and in route. I had to buy the stock tube to the throttle body too. Mine had a Banks cold air that doesn’t work with the fenders well.

Reactions: D M
Lately, even domestic manufacturers are using them. All the GM products in my fleet have Denso starters and alternators from the factory. The Duramax diesels have Denso engine electronic parts. Being built by Isuzu, that’s a given though. It had already begun when I began my career, but I saw everything shifting to a global melting pot. It’s just like our #1 military aircraft, built in 20+ countries, there is no foreign or domestic anymore. 😞

Doesn't sound like a bad thing! the parts sure aren't cheap, so they're definitely charging for more quality so we better get it. I had to get all new accessories/electronics for my MR2 and I went all OEM (Denso) and it's a good 2-3x the price of knockoff chinese shit

Lately, even domestic manufacturers are using them. All the GM products in my fleet have Denso starters and alternators from the factory. The Duramax diesels have Denso engine electronic parts. Being built by Isuzu, that’s a given though. It had already begun when I began my career, but I saw everything shifting to a global melting pot. It’s just like our #1 military aircraft, built in 20+ countries, there is no foreign or domestic anymore. 😞

As far as i know the duramax was a collaboration between gm and isuzu and are built in the US. Though I'm sure it was more isuzu than gm contributing since gm couldn't make a good diesel to save their lives

Doesn't sound like a bad thing! the parts sure aren't cheap, so they're definitely charging for more quality so we better get it. I had to get all new accessories/electronics for my MR2 and I went all OEM (Denso) and it's a good 2-3x the price of knockoff chinese shit

Not bad at all. I think we’d all agree the American manufacturers could use an infusion of that Japanese reliability on some of their products. Love MR2’s. You have pics up somewhere? I currently have a 94 GSR that’s so track car it’s not really street legal but the CHP owes me one 😂. I started off as an import guy. I was building up 70’s celicas in high school while the muscle car kids laughed at me. I wonder if those kids heard of an LFA? 🤔 I have that conversation with my customers regularly. “But that part is 3x’s as much” yeah, cause it lasts 6x’s as long.

Reactions: BC Moto
As far as i know the duramax was a collaboration between gm and isuzu and are built in the US. Though I'm sure it was more isuzu than gm contributing since gm couldn't make a good diesel to save their lives

You’re absolutely right. I was just pointing out that all the sensors and fuel injectors and whatnot have denso on them. Honestly, I’d rather have denso electronics on my Chevy anyway. Not that I don’t like Chevy, I own a Silverado. I’ll do you one better! The 2.8L Duramax 4cyl. Is made by an Italian company called Motori. Who is owned by Fiat. So I guess Jeeps and chevys are now kinda like 2nd cousins 🤣

Reactions: Rickyd
Not bad at all. I think we’d all agree the American manufacturers could use an infusion of that Japanese reliability on some of their products. Love MR2’s. You have pics up somewhere? I currently have a 94 GSR that’s so track car it’s not really street legal but the CHP owes me one 😂. I started off as an import guy. I was building up 70’s celicas in high school while the muscle car kids laughed at me. I wonder if those kids heard of an LFA? 🤔 I have that conversation with my customers regularly. “But that part is 3x’s as much” yeah, cause it lasts 6x’s as long.

I've always wanted to build a 240z. I should have pulled the trigger years ago. The prices seemed ro have skyrocketed.

Reactions: Daryl
I've always wanted to build a 240z. I should have pulled the trigger years ago. The prices seemed ro have skyrocketed.

I dreamed about the scarab a lot. In high school, they were in the rebuildable/parting out section all the time. The 240 with a Chevy 327 from the factory, just in case you never heard about it. I’ve talked to some owners at shows and full restos are next to impossible on any of the old Z’s. It’s either all original and has lots of nuances or you go custom everything.

I dreamed about the scarab a lot. In high school, they were in the rebuildable/parting out section all the time. The 240 with a Chevy 327 from the factory, just in case you never heard about it. I’ve talked to some owners at shows and full restos are next to impossible on any of the old Z’s. It’s either all original and has lots of nuances or you go custom everything.

Small block would be thr dream. They look so good with a touch of resto mod.

Reactions: Daryl and Geepum
You’re absolutely right. I was just pointing out that all the sensors and fuel injectors and whatnot have denso on them. Honestly, I’d rather have denso electronics on my Chevy anyway. Not that I don’t like Chevy, I own a Silverado. I’ll do you one better! The 2.8L Duramax 4cyl. Is made by an Italian company called Motori. Who is owned by Fiat. So I guess Jeeps and chevys are now kinda like 2nd cousins 🤣

The 2.8l in jeep libertys is made by vm motori. I hadn't heard anything about the baby duramax being one. But i don't keep up with the latest diesels.

The 2.8l in jeep libertys is made by vm motori. I hadn't heard anything about the baby duramax being one. But i don't keep up with the latest diesels.

I didn’t know they made the liberty diesels. I’ve only ever seen one and it was from NY. Did they sell those in CA?
I have about a dozen of the express vans with that Duramax to take care of. You don’t want one 😂

I had a 260z with a 350hp 350, 200hp shot of nitrous, turbo 350 transmission and I welded the differential. Ran high 12’s at the track on street tires. I had slicks, but everytime I hit the nitrous it would twist one of the half shafts in two. Had a lot of fun with that car on the streets. Here’s a video of me at the drag strip.

Last edited:
I had a 260z with a 350hp 350, 200hp shot of nitrous, turbo 350 transmission and I welded the differential. Ran high 12’s at the track on street tires. I had slicks, but everytime I hit the nitrous it would twist one of the half shafts in two. Had a lot of fun with that car on the streets. Here’s a video of me at the drag strip.
Looks like a good time!!

As long as theres snow I wont complain :)

Not much forecasted, but I'll take a look up there on Friday. I can see Snow Mt. and Hull Mt. from Lakeport. If no snow, we can always try another time. I'm going up either way cause I want to get away for the day.

Reactions: D M