WTB: OEM misc small parts wanted

03coloradowrangler

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Screws were missing for the dash knee bolster trim panel below the steering column when I bought the jeep. Somewhere I come across one of them but still need 1 more screw. Anyone got one on a parts vehicle in good shape they can split with?

Looking at maybe $10 via PayPal (think I have Venmo too) shipped to my door? Im not sure what postage is anymore :ROFLMAO: I was pretty surprised what I was charged last time I mailed a lightweight item. let me know what's fair to you.

IMG_6188.jpeg

Additionally by chance I am also looking for the rubber bumpers that fit into the center consoles lid where it makes contact with the center console itself.
Image.jpeg

Screws were missing for the dash knee bolster trim panel below the steering column when I bought the jeep. Somewhere I come across one of them but still need 1 more screw. Anyone got one on a parts vehicle in good shape they can split with?

Looking at maybe $10 via PayPal (think I have Venmo too) shipped to my door? Im not sure what postage is anymore :ROFLMAO: I was pretty surprised what I was charged last time I mailed a lightweight item. let me know what's fair to you.

View attachment 524704

Additionally by chance I am also looking for the rubber bumpers that fit into the center consoles lid where it makes contact with the center console itself.
View attachment 524705

On mine, an 04, the rubber bumpers are located in the console, not the lid.

For those questioning the will that I would spend up to $10 on a screw.. Im aware I can likely find a trim screw that would work at the hardware but I also would like to keep the appearance of stock as much as possible due to a tad bit of ocd.

On mine, an 04, the rubber bumpers are located in the console, not the lid.

These were a perfect fit.
Also mine (02) in the console not the lid.
Edit with link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKRDRJJ?tag=wranglerorg-20

🤦‍♂️ been so long since ive seen them. Mike and redo2tj you guys are both right.

also looks like advance auto in town has that Dorman part number in stock for half the price. dont know why I didnt think to check for rubber plugs at the auto store in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_H and red02tj
I am right there with you on keeping things looking OE and period correct. When I refinished my half doors I used these for the pull handles..
Not an exact match to the OE which are Torx and have the floating trim washer, but they look the part.

If you REALLY want 100% correct, this guy has them for sure. Those are for half doors, but I have been to his place of business and he definitely has what you need. He is local to me and I have purchased from him many times. 100% correct parts, easy to work with but he certainly is NOT the cheapest option.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I am right there with you on keeping things looking OE and period correct. When I refinished my half doors I used these for the pull handles..
Not an exact match to the OE which are Torx and have the floating trim washer, but they look the part.

If you REALLY want 100% correct, this guy has them for sure. Those are for half doors, but I have been to his place of business and he definitely has what you need. He is local to me and I have purchased from him many times. 100% correct parts, easy to work with but he certainly is NOT the cheapest option.

If ya'll ever find yourselves in need of the u-nut for the hat channel inside the door panel that the grab handle mounts to, be aware they are a sheet metal screw thread and not a normal machine screw thread.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.

its hard to judge length of the screws on eBay by the photo but the longest screws look like the same length of the random shortest one I have on hand that I cant seem to get to grab anything behind the bolster. the current screw I am using bites on both sides but the other I have won't.

OP: Let me look through the hardware jar and see if I can find these. Just parted out a 99 and took all the interior pieces out.

Reactions: 03coloradowrangler
not sure on how screws are measured off the top of my head I know different types are measured differently.

looks like the ~1 1/2" screw I have fits perfectly with just a hair bit of play before engaging and the other does not even touch. I do realize the thread pattern is different.. dont remember where I acquired these.
If it's just an upholstery screw of sorts im betting my local old school hardware may have something very comparable in stock.
IMG_6212.JPG

IMG_6211.JPG

not sure on how screws are measured off the top of my head I know different types are measured differently.

looks like the ~1 1/2" screw I have fits perfectly with just a hair bit of play before engaging and the other does not even touch. I do realize the thread pattern is different.. dont remember where I acquired these.
If it's just an upholstery screw of sorts im betting my local old school hardware may have something very comparable in stock.
View attachment 525978
View attachment 525979

Any screw with a flat or oval head is measured overall length. Any screw or fastener that is not flat or oval head is measured from under the head. The longer one would likely be called out as 1 5/8".

Found something close that works at 1.5" length, I would expect a quarter inch less and it wouldn't be able to grab unless I havent smacked the panel into place hard enough. Still have ocd though.

the upholstery screws they did have though were better suited for securing carpet down with a much wider semi flat washer head.

looks like the upholstery supply usa link goes to 1.25" max & im hesitant to try for that price. What a pointless conundrum I am in :ROFLMAO: its just a screw and the one I found is doing its job functionally correctly... but its still wrong :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Face Palm
Reactions: MikekiM