Switch-Pros SP9100 Intall

Onetime12

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey all,

Wanted to show my install for the Switch-Pros 9100 8 switch system. Background, I have been building my 98 TJ for some time, I am about to build up the axles with ARBs, REvoultion Axles, and Blackmagic Brake kit. Prior to this I needed to wire up the air compressor, solenoids. I had the ARB wiring kit but wanted to use the SP9100 as I have other items (Lights, etc) I need to wire. I choose to use the SP 9100 to test it out prior to installing a Rcr12 in my Sand Car. Unfortanetly I didn't take photos along the way but here is the final install, hopefully it helps someone else for future installs.

Interior Switch Mount- I had a Genright SSV radio mount. I used sheet aluminum to build another face plate and riveted to original, luckily both the SP9100 and SSV face plate just barely fit. I thought about other area such as A pillar, between visors over window but this just worked out.
IMG_4530.jpeg

Under Hood PCM Mount - Trying to figure out a spot for the PCM was a tough one but somehow I came up with this mount, used cardboard aided design. I was going to draw it up and send it out to be laser cut and bent but my impatience took over and I just bent it up on the work bench. I may do it over again for a cleaner mount but It is installed.
IMG_4531.jpeg

Here is the finished mount with everything intalled. The mount is sandwiched between the computer and firewall. Drilled out the original mounting holes and used rivenuts and new bolts. Got the PCM, Terminal Block, Bus Bar and fuses mocked up and mounted.
IMG_4528.jpeg

IMG_4527.jpeg IMG_4526.jpeg

The reason I went this style of wiring was because all the Toyota guys do it !!! Just kidding, Switch-Pros does not recommend the terminal block. As I am just starting the wiring process and still do not have all the accessories I wanted some ease of change to modify which switch control which accessories.

I utilized the ARB wiring harness but deleted the interior switch portion and just extended the (yellow, red, green, black) wires to the SP9100. This allowed me to utilize the ARB Relay. I also did not like the positioning of the 40 AMP relay so far away from the battery. I utilized the (2) MiniMaxi amp fuses, one is for the ARB power and second for the SP9100.

Luckily this mount with everything just fits under the hood but I had to use some thin nuts and the space between them and the vehicles computer connectors was tight. Everything works, well see how the mount holds up over time.