Tires to buy

SwampRat

Supporting Member
Im starting this thread because as guy who comes from the autocross/track day world tire choices for off roading is hard.

I recently purchased a 97 tj with the 4.0 and manual with 3.07 gears and spartan auto lockers. I am running 33” goodyear wranglers currently. The fronts are balding and its time for new tires, i want to stick with 33’s because i mostly city drive with the occasional mud/rock crawling trail. So if anyone has advice on a tire for ride quality and performance thatd be sweet. (If they look cool thats a huge plus) and how loud they are doesnt bother me, im young and kinda like the pain in the ass part.

Appreciate the advice!

IMG_5049.jpeg

I've been really impressed with the STT Pros on my daily driver. Tire wear has been good and very well behaved.

I've been running Baja Boss MT on my TJ this time around but it gets minimal street miles. They've been good so far, just limited experience. I can say they're unbalanced on beadlocks and spin smooth up to 80 mph

Only tires I have first hand experience with that were just bad were some ProComp MTs some time ago on an XJ. Might as well have been solid plastic.

Reactions: SwampRat
I also am on baja boss MTs right now. The only reason I am considering something else when they wear out is just so I can expirement with other tires. They're relatively quiet, don't hydroplane super bad, and are nice and grippy

Reactions: SwampRat