Water forming on passenger floorboard

aidanm

TJ Enthusiast
I’ve been dealing with this for quite a while, ever since I got the Jeep. Whenever it rains or I use the ac/heat there’s water that forms on the passenger side floorboard, have no idea where it comes from, any ideas? I know about the drain that often gets clogged causing this but even with that it still happens, any ideas?

1B5EC4B3-B02D-499F-A937-EBBF576D188E.jpeg

Mine did that with the AC on during humid conditions. The AC box drain on the engine side of the firewall was dripping back into the passengers compartment. I connected a rubber hose to the drain port so the condensed water was routed down and away from the firewall so it couldn’t run back along the hose to the firewall. I think the factory foam seal around the drain port dries up and lets the water leak back.

Reactions: LJDC and BlueC
Mine did that with the AC on during humid conditions. The AC box drain on the engine side of the firewall was dripping back into the passengers compartment. I connected a rubber hose to the drain port so the condensed water was routed down and away from the firewall so it couldn’t run back along the hose to the firewall.

Do you have a picture of that?

So just put some silicone around the seal of the hose or just replace it?

If I had the issue and the rubber elbow was still present, I'd try getting a piece of hose or clear vinyl tubing and insert it in the elbow extending it down so the air can't blow the water back up the tube.

If I had the issue and the rubber elbow was still present, I'd try getting a piece of hose or clear vinyl tubing and insert it in the elbow extending it down so the air can't blow the water back up the tube.
Gotcha thank you

Reactions: L J
Chasing the same problem here. Going to pull the cowl off and check for debris there, then systematically start sealing/replacing gaskets where I can. I'm guessing it's the cowl, as I haven't turned on the A/C, and the water appears when the Jeep's parked.

You are sure it's just water right? Not engine coolant that's leaking into the cab?

Chasing the same problem here. Going to pull the cowl off and check for debris there, then systematically start sealing/replacing gaskets where I can. I'm guessing it's the cowl, as I haven't turned on the A/C, and the water appears when the Jeep's parked.

Yeah same with me it’s always when it’s parked

What size diameter hose do you use?

Don't do anything until you pinpoint the leak.

Put baby powder all over the inside firewall, under the doors, on the doors, near anywhere the doors, windshield, etc come together. You should be able to find where it's coming from.