What did you do to your TJ today?

+1 on the Summit seat cushion. I replaced the driver side on mine before adding the RC seat covers and it feels like a new seat.
I'm sure my seats could use a foam redo but.. Is it $200 per side? With what I paid for the Bartact seat covers (which I do love) and another $200 - $400 for foam, I am at the cost of set of new seats.

Like I said, I love the Bartact covers, but I do regret not buying a set of Trailcats instead.

I'm sure my seats could use a foam redo but.. Is it $200 per side? With what I paid for the Bartact seat covers (which I do love) and another $200 - $400 for foam, I am at the cost of set of new seats.

Like I said, I love the Bartact covers, but I do regret not buying a set of Trailcats instead.

$75 per side, sold individually. $20 if you two sets of the bushing fix kit. I did my drivers side first so see if it was worth it before springing for the pass side.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Absolutely.

Link: https://formufit.com/blogs/news/pvc-auto-door-stand

As I said, I modified mine a bit to give it the taller mid-section. So the types and quantities of Formufit pieces was different than shown in the link.

I bought one pack of 4-way pieces (not two), substituting one pack of 5-way pieces for the bottom and middle connectors on the middle section. I also bought one pack of 2-way connectors for the top crossbar.

The measurement modifications I made were: 7" instead of 6.5" for the shortest PVC sections, and the middle risers were 18" just like the side risers.

Advice: I bought casters with bolts 3/8" diameter and 1" length. If you can find casters with longer bolts, you'll have less headache. Maybe even look at 1/2" bolts, they should fit in the end caps.

Assembly: After jamming one PVC piece into the Formufit connector and it not easily contacting the internal ledge where it would fully seat, I figured something slick would help assembly. (I didn't want to bang on the pieces with a mallet and mar them.) I grabbed whatever I had within reach out in the garage that wasn't liquid or too staining, in my case some Mink Oil. I slathered a bit on the PVC external ends and the connector internals and everything seated easily afterwards.

What kind of PVC did you use? Did you use 1 1/4" Schedule 40 from Home Depot?

$75 per side, sold individually. $20 if you two sets of the bushing fix kit. I did my drivers side first so see if it was worth it before springing for the pass side.

Summit Racing? Is there a writeup on getting this done? I do have to pull the drivers seat to replace the bottom seat warmer and the Bartact cover which developed a seam failure from me leaning on it getting in. Bartact replaced the bottom cover free of charge.

I do like the look of the stock seats and I was concerned that here in the NE aftermarket seats would scream steal me!

Summit Racing? Is there a writeup on getting this done? I do have to pull the drivers seat to replace the bottom seat warmer and the Bartact cover which developed a seam failure from me leaning on it getting in. Bartact replaced the bottom cover free of charge.

I do like the look of the stock seats and I was concerned that here in the NE aftermarket seats would scream steal me!
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tj-seat-foam.77477/

I paid about $70 for the bottom cushion. The seat back was in good shape.

Reactions: MikekiM
Messing with my rear defrost today and it doesn’t seem like it gets warm. It’s getting 12v to the terminals. Guessing the PO didn’t do the repair right. I figure you should get 12v on the circled red areas too with a DMM.

IMG_3844.jpeg

IMG_3845.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Decided I want to remove the 1.75” spring spacers and go with a new 2” lift spring. So which springs should I buy? Already have the shocks so I only need the springs.

Decided I want to remove the 1.75” spring spacers and go with a new 2” lift spring. So which springs should I buy? Already have the shocks so I only need the springs.

I put BDS on mine, they seem fine but I have nothing to compare them to. They are a regional company (in southwest Michigan I believe). I guess it depends on your budget.

Swapped the month old ORO taillights for the Maxi-Bilt ones since the ORO right side decided to crap out LED's. Extreme Terrain was awesome to advance replace them.

I like how the Maxi's are all on with the parking lights.

20240511_193158.jpg

Got up early and was able to install my new passenger MaxBilt taillight. I spliced it into the harness I already had ready to go last night. MaxBilt was very cool about replacing the light. Pretty much no questions asked.
Why did you have to replace it?

Why did you have to replace it?

It worked for one day. For some reason (probably because I don't trust my electrical experience) I checked to make sure the lights were working after I got home the next day and no passenger light. I learned how to use a multimeter properly and realized that I had power all the way to the light. At that point I emailed them and they sent me a new one with a label and padded envelope to return the non functioning light. Easy peasey.