What did you do to your TJ today?

Swapped the month old ORO taillights for the Maxi-Bilt ones since the ORO right side decided to crap out LED's. Extreme Terrain was awesome to advance replace them.
I've seen better. ;)
BM light newest.jpg

So I didn’t match the paint right

All this work and it’s not matching. I painted these on two different weekends and I have no one to blame but myself here.

The Jeep was already off by color and I wanted to fix that but I can’t get it right.

Idk if I have the energy or motivation to do it all over again or just take it to someone.

For now I’ll sleep on it.

View attachment 519131

It was a big issue for my white 97 TJ, when I took it to the auto body shop to paint my door and hood as well. The original color code didn't match due to weather effects on my original paint, such as sun fading and acid rain. The new paint looks nice, but I understand the desire to make the new paint match the old paint. But, wouldn't that just make everything look like old paint?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Installed a new header on my Bestop. The old one had started pulling up on the ends and leaking where the top and windshield meet on the outer edges. Worked with customer support. They said it was too old for warranty, but I needed a new header.

So I installed the new header today. It's better than it was, but still doesn't look 100% correct to me. Time will tell if it leaks.

20240331_181314.jpg20240331_181301.jpg
BEFORE.

20240512_161313.jpg20240512_161300.jpg
AFTER

Messing with my rear defrost today and it doesn’t seem like it gets warm. It’s getting 12v to the terminals. Guessing the PO didn’t do the repair right. I figure you should get 12v on the circled red areas too with a DMM.

View attachment 526258
View attachment 526259

Swapped the window with the 99 hardtop I have sitting around, and now it works. DIY rear defrost project complete!

IMG_3847.jpeg

IMG_3849.jpeg

Yes, 1 1/4" Schedule 40 PVC, "Charlotte Pipe" brand.

I didn't get it from Home Deport, just a local lumber & hardware store.

I got my own cart made. I need to do a few things to it such as put in a better bottom, pad the horizontal sections, and screw everything together, but it is 80-90% complete.

If anyone is interested in doing this themselves, these casters worked perfectly.

IMG_8611 2.jpeg

IMG_8612 2.jpeg

Had a roadside breakdown on my way home from South Cakalacky 🤬 🤬

The belt tensioner pulley broke in half and proceeded to shred the belt. 🤬🤬🤬

View attachment 521616

View attachment 521618

Consider yourself lucky. My tensioner broke on the highway, shredded my belt and blew up my radiator. Luckily I pulled off highway and stopped immediately before it fried my engine too.

Finally installed my Wizard synth line and fairlead.

Now what to do with the warn cable and roller lead….

eBay baby! My winch came with some "used but good" steel cable - that turned out to have a hockle in it. Junked that, but sold the two fairleads that came with the winch. Later, when I was upgraded to a WRG fairlead, I sold the root beer colored fairlead I had installed on eBay as well. They all sold pretty quick.

Messing with my rear defrost today and it doesn’t seem like it gets warm. It’s getting 12v to the terminals. Guessing the PO didn’t do the repair right. I figure you should get 12v on the circled red areas too with a DMM.

View attachment 526258
View attachment 526259

One one side would be my thought - the other side should be grounded.

Drove it around to the "garage" yard. Now it is where my hubby can look at it. I keep bugging him about getting the "customer's car" off the lift so we can put my Jeep on it. He say's he is going to look at my Jeep off the lift. I don't care how he does it, just do it. LOL Hopefully I will be able to start driving it soon. :D

Been a busy weekend and most of this probably belongs in my build thread but here goes.

Went out back to the scrap pile and found a Dana 35 YJ setup rear w 3:07 for Dave’s project YJ

1715553952579.jpeg

Picked up Lucis YJ from Jacks in Wassaic for it’s bi-annual Oil Undercoat

1715553856425.jpeg

Cleaned and “repaired “ Mikes IAC in his ‘06 TJ with only OK results, need to get back to that but he’s not driving much these days.

Then the LJ. My rig. Dismantling has begun for frame repair. I know how you guys feel about rust but this is our game up here.

Complete suspension, axles, fuel tank, transfer case skid all removed and stashed.

Plan is to service all components before reinstalling.

See the pile of Safe-T-Cap products. All available pieces going in, including replacement of all three, yes three Crossmember in the rear. Bumper support, fuel tank support and shock/fuel tank support will be new.

In this project I will relocate the rear spring buckets and replace body mounts with some boat side mounts from Barnes.

I will say to anyone out there that cares, I already wish I started with a southern, rust free Jeep. That said I’m over it and this will be my learning experience.

I’ll keep y’all updated when I can.

Wish me luck.

🇺🇸

PS: Also got the wife’s JKU oil changed yesterday 😮‍💨

IMG_6399.jpeg

IMG_6398.jpeg

IMG_6397.jpeg

IMG_6400.jpeg

IMG_6402.jpeg

Been a busy weekend and most of this probably belongs in my build thread but here goes.

Went out back to the scrap pile and found a Dana 35 YJ setup rear w 3:07 for Dave’s project YJ

View attachment 526329

Picked up Lucis YJ from Jacks in Wassaic for it’s bi-annual Oil Undercoat

View attachment 526328

Cleaned and “repaired “ Mikes IAC in his ‘06 TJ with only OK results, need to get back to that but he’s not driving much these days.

Then the LJ. My rig. Dismantling has begun for frame repair. I know how you guys feel about rust but this is our game up here.

Complete suspension, axles, fuel tank, transfer case skid all removed and stashed.

Plan is to service all components before reinstalling.

See the pile of Safe-T-Cap products. All available pieces going in, including replacement of all three, yes three Crossmember in the rear. Bumper support, fuel tank support and shock/fuel tank support will be new.

In this project I will relocate the rear spring buckets and replace body mounts with some boat side mounts from Barnes.

I will say to anyone out there that cares, I already wish I started with a southern, rust free Jeep. That said I’m over it and this will be my learning experience.

I’ll keep y’all updated when I can.

Wish me luck.

🇺🇸

PS: Also got the wife’s JKU oil changed yesterday 😮‍💨

View attachment 526330

View attachment 526331

View attachment 526332

View attachment 526333

View attachment 526334

Unfortunately been there done that last year on mine . I’ve been on the hunt for a decent frame for the past few months.