ZJ Tie Rod Conversion

Technically speaking you don’t even need a steering stabilizer. If you do add one a cheap one is all you need. The expensive ones are just for bling and don’t do anything more than a cheap one does.

While we are on the subject of steering stabilizers, I did the ZJ conversion on my '05 LJ and noticed that now the Monroe SC2928 appears to be bottoming out at full right turn lock. the whole truck 'kneels' to the passenger side and down, and it seems to be because the stabilizer ran out of room to compress. Is it possibly too long? mispositioned?

I'm using the drag links and tie rods as recommended in the thread.

Thanks!

While we are on the subject of steering stabilizers, I did the ZJ conversion on my '05 LJ and noticed that now the Monroe SC2928 appears to be bottoming out at full right turn lock. the whole truck 'kneels' to the passenger side and down, and it seems to be because the stabilizer ran out of room to compress. Is it possibly too long? mispositioned?

I'm using the drag links and tie rods as recommended in the thread.

Thanks!

I'd post a photo of your setup in a new thread so that we can see what we're dealing with. It could be something is installed wrong, possibly.