Anybody have any idea what this is?

JohnLeMieux

I bought my TJ 6 months ago and I am planning on putting in aftermarket sound system. I found this in the location where I was gonna put my amp. Does anyone have any idea what this box could be? My dad thinks it’s for the antenna. Also, could anyone tell me what the other wiring is there for? Thanks
IMG_5881.jpeg

Maybe some kind of security system. Check for any logos or brand name on it. Follow the wiring to see where it goes.

The left side connects the unit the radio. If you look up your year in the factory service manual you can identify the switched power wire from that connector and use it as the trigger wire for your amp. I just did that this weekend.

For a 2006 it is pin 5

IMG_6185.jpeg

Not yet tied up but gives you an idea.

IMG_6186.jpeg

I also have an 06, Do i just splice the wire and connect it to the one provided in the AMP wiring kit? Also, what is the other wire you have running off of it?
The left side connects the unit the radio. If you look up your year in the factory service manual you can identify the switched power wire from that connector and use it as the trigger wire for your amp. I just did that this weekend.

For a 2006 it is pin 5

View attachment 525003

Not yet tied up but gives you an idea.

View attachment 525004

Yes I just snipped that wire from the connector and spliced it to the AMP trigger wire. I also connected another trigger wire to it, in my case for my Aux Panel switches. Both are low power draws so I felt confident to double up on it.