Axe / hatchet recommendations

That’s a wrap. Very happy with the decision to buy the X11. Did about two hours of work at Basecamp prepping two days of firewood this past weekend.

The handle ergonomics are great. The mid length is unfamiliar though. The splitting head.. splits. Prepped the edge before I left. Held the sharp edge wonderfully.

I hate the sheath. If anyone has a recommendation for custom Kydex sheaths please pass that on.

Got an x7 for Christmas. Since I don't have anything else at the house to split with, I used it on some oak firewood. It was, as expected, not as efficient as a full size splitting axe but based on how surprisingly effective it was for it's size against ~5" logs, I ordered an X25.

Reactions: 4Lo4Sho
Got an x7 for Christmas. Since I don't have anything else at the house to split with, I used it on some oak firewood. It was, as expected, not as efficient as a full size splitting axe but based on how surprisingly effective it was for it's size against ~5" logs, I ordered an X25.

I've been pleased with the X11 purchase. It's mid-sized and checks off all the boxes I need it to. Scary sharp after touching up the factory edge.

I kind of went off the rails with replacement sheaths and have an extra hand-made leather sheath if you're interested in it. I think I paid $45 for it. It's beautiful and well made. Pictured here with the Fiskars Norden N12, but fits my X11 perfectly.

2023-12-01 Fiskars Sheath 05.jpg

2023-12-01 Fiskars Sheath 04.jpg

2023-12-01 Fiskars Sheath 01.jpg

Last edited:
I've been pleased with the X11 purchase. It's mid-sized and checks off all the boxes I need it to. Scary sharp after touching up the factory edge.

I kind of went off the rails with replacement sheaths and have an extra hand-made leather sheath if you're interested in it. I think I paid $45 for it. It's beautiful and well made. Pictured here with the Fiskars Norden N7.

View attachment 487332

View attachment 487334

View attachment 487335

If no-one else takes you up on it, I’d definitely snag that sheath from you.

I kind of went off the rails with replacement sheaths and have an extra hand-made leather sheath if you're interested in it. I think I paid $45 for it. It's beautiful and well made. Pictured here with the Fiskars Norden N7.

View attachment 487332

View attachment 487334

View attachment 487335

If no-one else takes you up on it, I’d definitely snag that sheath from you.

Have at it! I'm not disgusted enough with the original sheath to do anything about it...yet, though that beautiful leather is definitely tempting.

Reactions: 4Lo4Sho
Have at it! I'm not disgusted enough with the original sheath to do anything about it...yet, though that beautiful leather is definitely tempting.

Thanks! Yeah, i still use my factory sheath on my bigger axe but been looking for something for my hatchet to help with pack/belt carry.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low