Duckless

They have books about this kind of thing. Look up Co-dependency.
Gee... all I want is a stinking duck. It's a Jeep thing... you wouldn't understand. For instance: yesterday, after coming back home from an unsuccessful duck hunt at Walmart & Kohl's, usually lots of JK's + JL's there, I was greeted by my 3 young grandchildren. They use to run and give me a loud "Grandpa's home!" + hug but now they look at the windshield, see the empty dash, and shake their heads. Also don't know for sure, hearing isn't what it use to be, but I think I heard my wife of 43 yrs mumble under her breath that I should sleep in a separate bedroom. Strange too I can't find the bottle of blue pills that are in the back of my night table drawer. You guys & ladies, with so many ducks that they haunt your very being, should walk just a few feet in my shoes. To live in New Jersey, without a row of ducks on your dash, is a humiliating & shameful experience. :cry:

Screw it. I'm jumping back in.
On a recent trip to Amsterdam, I came across this store.......I specifically took a picture because I'm the only guy where I work who owns a JL (yes, I got it right this time you meatbags) who's dashboard isn't covered in ducks, because I refuse.

20240120_161100.jpg

Screw it. I'm jumping back in.
On a recent trip to Amsterdam, I came across this store.......I specifically took a picture because I'm the only guy where I work who owns a JL (yes, I got it right this time you meatbags) who's dashboard isn't covered in ducks, because I refuse.

View attachment 524973

That's not how I remember the red light district looking

I like handing out 10mm sockets or end wrenches with a note that your Jeep is a 10.

Can't remember who first posted that one these forums but it's the right idea.

-Mac

Yeah, why be enslaved by ducks?
Enslaved_by_Ducks.jpg

The word Jeep does not appear in the book. That's unfortunate. ;)

Please post your complete address so all of us can send you the annoying ducks that we've tossed into our back seats. ;)
:love: I really appreciate the kindness of everyone but I'll have to politely resist the offer. Won't be able to sleep at night, in my exile to a spare bedroom, knowing I had to beg for a duck. Being in the Army, many years ago 71 to 74, I knew men who had been awarded real medals. So I feel, deep inside, like a real lowlife when I use the stolen valor bait duck but I think somehow Jeep people just know I'm a fake. So no... I'm going to try to honestly earn every duck. A few days past I changed front & rear differential gear oil and installed Teraflex covers just to liven it up a bit. Next a snorkel...

I think its just a dying trend. I own a jeep rental business. While renting and driving one of my jeeps people used to just get ducks every day. They would usually leave the duck in the jeep when they were done. I kept all of the ducks on a low shelf and every time a child would come in, I would let them pick their favorite duck, and tell them to put it on their favorite jeep they saw on the trail... that shelf was full for years. Now there are 3 ducks on it. It was a thing. The "real" jeep community hated the thing, and now the thing is dying. Dont worry you are not getting a lot of ducks on your jeep. Its just not a jeep thing anymore.

Not so fast!!!!!

20240504_164506.jpg
20240504_164422.jpg

20240504_171901.jpg