Earthquake Impact Gun

gatertamer

Mud dauber
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Boy I tell you what …..I’ve got an IR impact gun with 1250 lbs. of torque and a harbor freight special earthquake with 800 lbs. of torque and that earthquake puts it to shame……I got a u-joint cap cockeyed and had to push it back out and the IR wouldn’t do it but the earthquake would…who would’ve thunk?

IMG_0282.jpeg

I have the same Earthquake in the OP
Its my 2nd one and now Im on my 3rd as of this past week that is 1200lbs

1st one gave up the ghost after 3 years
2nd one brass connector shaft busted inside of it and I couldnt get it out. I also have the Ridgid Octane 20V which is 1100ft lbs

That Hercules looks beefy

That's what I have. First thing I did was bust a new lug stud trying to draw it into the axle flange. Lesson learned. That lil' f'er has some balls!

You don’t have that one it’s not out yet. You probably have the 1400 ft lb nut buster as I have.

Reactions: Squatch
I guess I'm just to dang old school(or cheap).

I still have air tools and use them all the time.

I do have a Dewalt 1/4 impact and a Dewalt cordless drill.

But my go to shop tools are all pneumatic.

I was the same way until I used a couple of battery powered tools at my buddy's garage. I started out just buying one gun, but now have a whole selection of battery-powered Milwaukee products. No cords or hoses to contend with. It's awesome!

I was the same way until I used a couple of battery powered tools at my buddy's garage. I started out just buying one gun, but now have a whole selection of battery-powered Milwaukee products. No cords or hoses to contend with. It's awesome!

Oh I have used them in the maintenance department where I used to work. I agree no hoses is good when traveling all over a plant.

I just can't justify the expense for my personal shop, when I already have all the air tools on hand.