So my daughter decided she wants to learn how to wrench

Check the knuckles for worn grooves or divots where the pad ear's slide. The pad ears are known to create divots on the knuckle over time that don't allow them to slide properly.

PXL_20240506_205618547.jpg
PXL_20240506_205612421.jpg

So ya... looks like i need knuckles

Id do the whole knuckle replacement too. start soaking all the fasteners in some penetrating oil and keep soaking them frequently until your replacement parts arrive. might as well do the upper and lower ball joints & wheel bearings since you'll already be in there.

Seems to me that I went with dana spicer when I did my ball joints. I know theres some concern out there about the need to be a little fussy when selecting the correct ball joint. If remember correctly, incorrect designs on select brands can do some damage to the axle where they press into it.

A little welding, a little grinding... one little fire. It was a great reason to finally setup my welder, I am sure i will need it plenty more.
And the Pads fit very nicely

I figure this will hold for the summer until I'm ready and have parts stockpiled for the front end. After checking out all the front end bushings and bearings everything was surprisingly in decent shape and tight with no leaks at the Diff. I did get it up to about 70-75 on the way home and it had no wobble and tracked straight.

PXL_20240509_203202893.jpg
PXL_20240509_203149813.jpg