Interco Super Swamper TSL / SX2 chalk test results

No they are a 38x12.5x16.5. The 4 that were mounted are weather checked and I have one brand new one that's never been mounted. But they are 15 years old so should only be used on a trail only rig.

Other than being loud on the highway, I love everything about mine (36x12.5x15)

1017201839_HDR.jpg

@Eddie Greenlee those tires look great. If my TJ wasn’t my daily driver right now, those would be my next set
I’ll be posting along the way my thoughts about the overall performance of the tire.
Chalk test kinda worked but got down to 18psi before I noticed a difference. Even if the chalk test is a viable experiment

Reactions: Wildman and TWiG01
I'm not sure if the outer lugs touch even with them at 5psi. I run mine ~24-28ish.

I think I have about 5-7k on mine with minimal wear too. They were supriseingly quiet to start, but got super loud once they started to wear/cup. I would try to rotate them ever 1k or every wheeling trip.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I'm not sure if the outer lugs touch even with them at 5psi. I run mine ~24-28ish.

I think I have about 5-7k on mine with minimal wear too. They were supriseingly quiet to start, but got super loud once they started to wear/cup. I would try to rotate them ever 1k or every wheeling trip.
Do you have the SX2 tire. ?

I used to run the SSR's and TSL's on my FJ40 and my Wranglers. I always thought they were great tires.
I used to get decent hwy miles out of them also, around 40k.
The only reason I stopped running them was because of the huge price increase.
The last time I went to buy a set, they were 430.00 each plus shipping.

If Interco had their pricing in the 250.00-300.00 per range like everyone else, I would be running them.

My only dislike was the amount of weight they required for balancing.

Never had a problem with them wearing unevenly or cupping.

Reactions: Wildman
In the past I've run both 33x15.50 and 36x12.50 SX's on an EB. I believe I ran 26 in mine on the highway. I was able to get decent mileage out of them with even wear.

I definitely might look into the SX II in a 35x10.0 for the Jeep. I would agree, the price increase is hard to swallow.

I just ordered a set of the Kenda Klever R/T in 35x10.50 for $190 a tire. I'm curious to see how they perform.