Interco Super Swamper TSL / SX2 chalk test results

You should've stuck with the 32rh.

yes I bought it like that and with the wiring night mare I delt with for a week and a half with it not shifting I wish it had the factory trans also. It is shifting like a new one now but it was a not fun. It will probably end up with a swap to a manual eventually never really liked the auto anyway. My last 2 had manuals in them

Reactions: TheBoogieman
yes I bought it like that and with the wiring night mare I delt with for a week and a half with it not shifting I wish it had the factory trans also. It is shifting like a new one now but it was a not fun. It will probably end up with a swap to a manual eventually never really liked the auto anyway. My last 2 had manuals in them

I’m confused. What transmission do you have?

What gearing are you running with the 35 sx2 I have a 97 with the 4.0 with the aw4 swap transmission and 4.10 gears with lockers just wondering if I can run these and still do ok on the hwy??? No long trips just 20-30 mile drives at a time. Also i am thinking of going with the 35x9x15 due the the fact that I am running an 8inch wheel.

Speaking from experience I would not recommend running the SX series Swampers on a Jeep that sees more pavement than trail time.

Reactions: Rickyd
Speaking from experience I would not recommend running the SX series Swampers on a Jeep that sees more pavement than trail time.

Yep,your mileage and power will be in the toilet. The noise and vibration get really old after a couple miles on the highway. I keep mine on separate wheels for when i know I'm going wheeling

Reactions: Weasellee
it is not a daily by any means the road use will just be to get to my camp. It will primarily be a hunting rig and the patigonia mt let me know this weekend it didnt have enough bite for where I need to go. I defiantly want an tsl type tire I was looking at the 34 10.5 15 Ltb and some of the others but they are around 500 higher for a set.

Reactions: Rickyd and JMT
Yep,your mileage and power will be in the toilet. The noise and vibration get really old after a couple miles on the highway. I keep mine on separate wheels for when i know I'm going wheeling

I was looking on the interco web site and the 33 sx2 is 33.20 tall and the 34 ltb is only 33.60 tall would this be enough to make a difference and would the LTB be better for minor pavement driving??

I am running 4.88 gears and a ford 8.8 rearend with a C clip elimination kit.
Chromoly shafts front and rear.
With a 32RH Swap.
I changed to a different tire for several reasons. But they are heave and will compromise your torque. I would only run them on a off road trailer rig only

I was looking on the interco web site and the 33 sx2 is 33.20 tall and the 34 ltb is only 33.60 tall would this be enough to make a difference and would the LTB be better for minor pavement driving??

Have you ever owned swampers?they are street legal tractor tires.

They are both going to be loud and have high rolling resistance.i say go for either if you like the looks and know what you're getting into on a short drive to hunting camp or low speed cruising around town.

I have 33x13.5 ltb's. The 34's are for the tall and skinny tire guys. Ltb's are supposed to have a slightly more aggressive tread than tsl's.

I'm assuming your terrain is mostly flat with a lot of muddy,swampy conditions? Your relatively high gearing could be a plus for wheel speed while trying to blast over sloppy stuff. So long as you have the power to get those swampers throwing 5lb chunks of turf

The tire i ended up with and have been very happy with on and off road is the TrXuS M/T Radial. 35x12.50x15 with 8” wheels.

For many reasons unbeknowing to me at the time I bought them, that tire has balanced well , little to no noise, no problem on wet surfaces, did great in the ice and snow this winter, and trails have been problem free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weasellee
Have you ever owned swampers?they are street legal tractor tires.

They are both going to be loud and have high rolling resistance.i say go for either if you like the looks and know what you're getting into on a short drive to hunting camp or low speed cruising around town.

I have 33x13.5 ltb's. The 34's are for the tall and skinny tire guys. Ltb's are supposed to have a slightly more aggressive tread than tsl's.

I'm assuming your terrain is mostly flat with a lot of muddy,swampy conditions? Your relatively high gearing could be a plus for wheel speed while trying to blast over sloppy stuff. So long as you have the power to get those swampers throwing 5lb chunks of turf

I thought about the 33 1350 but I have 8 inch rims and already spending 1600 on tires I do not want to add new rims to the mix. I feel like the wider tire would stand up better in the mud.